08-21-2015 09:02 AM
145 1234 ...
tools
    how about a profile / settings manager - an example would be Nokia Situations for Symbian (have I said I really miss that app)

NOTHING like that exists for WinPhone :
    - adjust volume / ringer
    - open apps
    - adjust background pic (e.g. work vs leisure)

all based on time, calendar, location, etc detected on phone. It would silence your ringer, if your calendar indicated a meeting. It allowed custom profiles, which were easily selected, for SILENT, MEETING, DND, LEISURE, WORK, CAR, etc.

It would be a major undertaking, based on APIs available for WinPhone OS, but, IF you are seeking a challenge ...
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    01-18-2015 09:32 AM
    Google Hangouts (group chat) only thing I miss.
    Reddeviluk likes this.
    01-18-2015 09:37 AM
    Google Hangouts (group chat) only thing I miss.
    I second that and a good Remote Desktop app, hard to believe that the Microsoft offering doesn't allow control outside of your home network.
    01-18-2015 09:53 AM
    Want:
    Google apps
    live lock screen creator
    Need:
    phone overclocker
    01-18-2015 09:56 AM
    Magic jack
    01-18-2015 10:04 AM
    Looks like people didn't understood what OP was trying to do. People are mentioning about Google apps again and again!!!
    01-18-2015 10:09 AM
    I would say
    1. Banking apps
    2. Credit card swiping such as square, paypal, quicken etc.

***** I could not be happier if Starbucks and Walmart disappeared from the face of the earth immediately.
    bigbmc26 and 07outback like this.
    01-18-2015 10:33 AM
    -SnapChat
    -Tapingo
    01-18-2015 11:22 AM
    A good stable PDF reader app.most of the apps on store are crap specially adobe reader.All of them crashes when open opening >150 MB PDF files.
    01-18-2015 11:29 AM
    Clash of Clans
    01-18-2015 11:30 AM
    Out Of Milk.
    01-18-2015 11:49 AM
    I second that and a good Remote Desktop app, hard to believe that the Microsoft offering doesn't allow control outside of your home network.
    This is not entirely accurate. RDP capabilities are dependent upon the server version and how remote access and VPN are set up on the server (if at all). There are also Microsoft apps for file access and basic server management/monitoring that can be set to always on (regardless of connection type and whether home or away). I have My Server 2012 R2 currently installed and in the past ran the previous iterations for other recent Microsoft home and business server products.
    01-18-2015 02:02 PM
    I am just cutting and pasting from another thread. Pretty much demonstrates there are significant holes but most are things that a small developer cannot address. BTW, I would hold on jumping into this arena until after more is known about universal app production with Windows 10. You might find yourself having to re-do things....

1) If I want to control my d-link smart plugs or do anything beyond minimal functionality for my d-link camera, I need to use the Bluestacks emulator on my SP3 since the only app for Windows or WP is a "lite" version which offers only minimal camera controls and nothing else.
    2) If I want to access my Southwest Airlines account (or several other airlines), I either need to use the mobile web page (which sucks) or use the Bluestacks emulator.
    3) If I want to access USBank or Capital One or Barclay (the American credit card provider) or Toyota Financial Services or my Time Warner account or my local El Paso electric utility or State Farm or AAA or Blue Cross Blue Shield, or a stable Hertz Car Rental interface - just a few examples - I need to use a web page. Alternatively, I can use the Android emulator.
    4) If I want quick access to my IRS account, the apps only exist on other platforms.
    5) If I want to use HBOGO or watch something on Time Warner while on the road I need to use Bluestacks since no apps exist and you can't access via the web page.
    6) If I want to listen to Pandora on anything other than my phone, I need to use the webpage since there is no Windows app (the third party ones are a joke).
    7) If I want to numerous collections of regulatory guidance for environmental compliance in the US, I need to use various web pages from an array of agencies rather than the aggregated materials available through Android and ios apps.
    8) If I want to access Federal Business Opportunities I need to use the web page since the apps only exist for other platforms.
    9) If I want to use something on a mobile device other than the bad joke that is Photoshop Express, the choices are Android, ios, or nothing.
    10) If I want to use any number of programs that will let me view a project location on a USGS quad map (on the fly) the only options are apps on other platforms.
    11) If I wanted remote timesheet access for my previous employer I needed to use a clumsy ActiveX burdened web page. This page was also broken every time IE was fixed/updated. This is a consideration in the present tense as I evaluate remote timesheet access options for my current employer since the only apps are for the other platforms. As our people are often remote this does matter.
    12) If I want send and receive texts when not on my phone, I need to login to my VZW account online since there is no Windows app.
    13) If I want to use Nikon's wireless utility for my D7100, the apps only exist on the other platforms.
    Robinsonmac and rhapdog like this.
    01-18-2015 02:06 PM
    Australian bank apps
    01-18-2015 02:33 PM
    Quora, QuizUp
    01-18-2015 02:34 PM
    Gumtree UK
    Argos Uk
    Burger king Uk
    Currys Uk
    Sonos Uk
    Nescafe
    Sky Tv Uk

The list of official missing apps from windows store is endless, especially Uk apps, but as long as users understand windows phone is meant for America only but has limited usability outside of the USA it all makes sense.
    hotphil likes this.
    01-18-2015 02:43 PM
    Sensorly
    01-18-2015 02:46 PM
    a better Grindr app
    01-18-2015 02:54 PM
    Hello 3acres!

I am happy you are willing to develop apps for WP!

Don't be afraid to charge for your work - I will pay to support useful apps!

Thanks,

Mr. V
    01-18-2015 03:11 PM
    I really want some quality fantasy sports apps for Yahoo. There is only one app each for Yahoo's fantasy baseball and football, and there isn't an updated one at all for basketball. As such, those not-so-great apps are used solely for their direct links to my leagues, and I do everything from the mobile browser.
    01-18-2015 03:13 PM
    Gumtree UK
    Argos Uk
    Burger king Uk
    Currys Uk
    Sonos Uk
    Nescafe
    Sky Tv Uk

The list of official missing apps from windows store is endless, especially Uk apps, but as long as users understand windows phone is meant for America only but has limited usability outside of the USA it all makes sense.
    And what do 90% of those have that their mobile website doesn't? And WP is big in the UK so contact those companies and point out that they're not supporting 1 in 10 customers.
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    01-18-2015 03:24 PM
    I would love to have a poetry foundation app. I emailed them about an app once, and told them about Windows Phone / Windows 8 universal apps but they said they do not have the resources to make one!

It would be great if you could make one :).
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    01-18-2015 03:33 PM
    eyeEm that was first published, then pulled out of the market.
    01-18-2015 03:46 PM
    They have most of the apps I need they just need to be on Android or IOS level as far as official apps
    01-18-2015 03:51 PM
    Photo Manager!

Something where I can edit the properties of the photos - rename, get gps data, date, tags, add to album, share with all social media sites at once, photo enhancements - like what the Nokia N8 had.

Thanks!

Mr. V
    01-18-2015 04:30 PM
145 1234 ...