Exactly which app does the Windows Phone not have that you want/need?

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
You would make my day before going to work if you let me know which app is that one?
Bc the apps that I have, download but not to my SD or Phone memory. (get the all, metrotube,tubepro). ;)

Going back to the thread IMO iI would like to see a :
-Walmart app
-Starbucks (on the phone,no band)
-Snap chat

Always its good to hear of someone its interested on develop.
Thanks and good luck!!!

MyTube! latest version do allow you to download to your SD card. Not sure about the 1080P though. I know 720P is possible.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Me personally, I'm not really missing any... but there others that feel strongly about it. Thanks for asking this question. :)

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Well their are few apps which aren't available on wp

But the bigger issue is quality of app. WP doesn't offer good quality
For example I recently started reading Manga and their are no decent app for it. I tried almost every app but no luck.
And it applied with almost every app.

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Not sure why people need google soo much outside of search engine at best. Office > Docs. Skype > Hangouts. Outlook > Gmail. myTube/Tubecast > YouTube. Only one I think may be useful for a time is Google Maps. But sooner or later MS will get there or eventually be better than Gmaps. So just give it time. ^-^

Can't compare Skype and hangouts.

Can't send SMS from my Nokia 630, hangouts can.

Can't make a call (lags horribly), hangouts way better BTW started using Skype 2006.

More people have have hangouts, Skype account is not readily available.

Started using Gmail account 2006 & outlook popped around 2012 or there about. The other outlook was a nightmare.

Personally I would like Gmail and hangouts. Thank you.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Can't compare Skype and hangouts.

Can't send SMS from my Nokia 630, hangouts can.

Can't make a call (lags horribly), hangouts way better BTW started using Skype 2006.

More people have have hangouts, Skype account is not readily available.

Started using Gmail account 2006 & outlook popped around 2012 or there about. The other outlook was a nightmare.

Personally I would like Gmail and hangouts. Thank you.

Same here.
I created my outlook a/c when I bought Lumia.

The only MS product I like is Windows.
For other I prefer Google.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
how about a profile / settings manager - an example would be Nokia Situations for Symbian (have I said I really miss that app)

NOTHING like that exists for WinPhone :
- adjust volume / ringer
- open apps
- adjust background pic (e.g. work vs leisure)

all based on time, calendar, location, etc detected on phone. It would silence your ringer, if your calendar indicated a meeting. It allowed custom profiles, which were easily selected, for SILENT, MEETING, DND, LEISURE, WORK, CAR, etc.

It would be a major undertaking, based on APIs available for WinPhone OS, but, IF you are seeking a challenge ...

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Looks like people didn't understood what OP was trying to do. People are mentioning about Google apps again and again!!!

Al4video

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I would say
1. Banking apps
2. Credit card swiping such as square, paypal, quicken etc.

***** I could not be happier if Starbucks and Walmart disappeared from the face of the earth immediately.

Dipayan Nath

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
A good stable PDF reader app.most of the apps on store are crap specially adobe reader.All of them crashes when open opening >150 MB PDF files.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I second that and a good Remote Desktop app, hard to believe that the Microsoft offering doesn't allow control outside of your home network.

This is not entirely accurate. RDP capabilities are dependent upon the server version and how remote access and VPN are set up on the server (if at all). There are also Microsoft apps for file access and basic server management/monitoring that can be set to always on (regardless of connection type and whether home or away). I have My Server 2012 R2 currently installed and in the past ran the previous iterations for other recent Microsoft home and business server products.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I am just cutting and pasting from another thread. Pretty much demonstrates there are significant holes but most are things that a small developer cannot address. BTW, I would hold on jumping into this arena until after more is known about universal app production with Windows 10. You might find yourself having to re-do things....

1) If I want to control my d-link smart plugs or do anything beyond minimal functionality for my d-link camera, I need to use the Bluestacks emulator on my SP3 since the only app for Windows or WP is a "lite" version which offers only minimal camera controls and nothing else.
2) If I want to access my Southwest Airlines account (or several other airlines), I either need to use the mobile web page (which sucks) or use the Bluestacks emulator.
3) If I want to access USBank or Capital One or Barclay (the American credit card provider) or Toyota Financial Services or my Time Warner account or my local El Paso electric utility or State Farm or AAA or Blue Cross Blue Shield, or a stable Hertz Car Rental interface - just a few examples - I need to use a web page. Alternatively, I can use the Android emulator.
4) If I want quick access to my IRS account, the apps only exist on other platforms.
5) If I want to use HBOGO or watch something on Time Warner while on the road I need to use Bluestacks since no apps exist and you can't access via the web page.
6) If I want to listen to Pandora on anything other than my phone, I need to use the webpage since there is no Windows app (the third party ones are a joke).
7) If I want to numerous collections of regulatory guidance for environmental compliance in the US, I need to use various web pages from an array of agencies rather than the aggregated materials available through Android and ios apps.
8) If I want to access Federal Business Opportunities I need to use the web page since the apps only exist for other platforms.
9) If I want to use something on a mobile device other than the bad joke that is Photoshop Express, the choices are Android, ios, or nothing.
10) If I want to use any number of programs that will let me view a project location on a USGS quad map (on the fly) the only options are apps on other platforms.
11) If I wanted remote timesheet access for my previous employer I needed to use a clumsy ActiveX burdened web page. This page was also broken every time IE was fixed/updated. This is a consideration in the present tense as I evaluate remote timesheet access options for my current employer since the only apps are for the other platforms. As our people are often remote this does matter.
12) If I want send and receive texts when not on my phone, I need to login to my VZW account online since there is no Windows app.
13) If I want to use Nikon's wireless utility for my D7100, the apps only exist on the other platforms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo