Exactly which app does the Windows Phone not have that you want/need?

raydwatts

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
An official BBC news app. There are several newsreaders available but they are full of adverts. However the BBC themselves just published a story promoting their upcoming app and website optimised for mobiles but it stated there were no plans for a windows version, just iOS and android. Poor showing from them.

sdrexler11791

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Honeywell total home connect thermostat app. There was one from a 3rd party, but it stopped working and has been pulled from the store. I requested a copy of the API, but have not heard back from them.

Marco Ciccone

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same situation. Switched to damn iPhone just because of the apps, and playing with my beloved windows phone (Ativ S) without a sim card. I'm really excited about MS future products (bands, holothings, windows 10) and I love how their services integrate with devices. For instance, iCloud Drive is underfeatured and a messy thing in comparison of OneDrive. But... but I'm really disappointed by big developers.

One app I use a lot is LinkedIn. On WP is just cr4p, they don't update the app since december 2013 and it doesn't integrate with WP share men? (I share a lot of content on LinkedIn through RSS readers). It lacks a lot of features. Same thing for Tripadvisor, Instagram, and so on. Not talking about other "big" apps that are actually missing like Snapchat, Booking.com, and so on.

I really hope MS will invest some money to make those enterprises developing universal apps in time for windows 10 release. Putting money in this areas would work better than throwing them in advertising low and mid range phones IMO, at least in this phase where the app gap is still here. Hope things will change during the next months.

Marco Ciccone

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Games:
Quiz Up
Elevate
Crossy Road

Apps:
Pulse by Linkdin (Yes I have Fuse)
Official 9GAG

And what about a new linkedin app? Not updated since 2013, no share men? integration, no skills confirmation on other profiles. I wrote them multiple times, every time I got the same old answer "ask for feature, we will evaluate them". I deleted my premium subscription few hours ago. Hate them.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
It's a shame you can't develop ONE Banking app, with a choice to attach to the bank(s) of your choice - that would be special.

BUT, getting the (competing) banks together would be akin to herding cats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa