08-21-2015 09:02 AM
145 123 ...
tools
    As the thread title asks: exactly which app does the Windows Phone not have that you want/need?

The motivation for this thread:
    1. I am new to Windows Store development and would like to start creating Windows/Windows Phone OS apps.
    2. I am willing to make free apps to build up my knowledge of Windows app development.
    3. In order to fulfill any void of apps on Windows/Windows Phone OS, I am willing to make apps that a lot of people use on Android/iOS or for businesses.*
    4. And I would think it is natural that I or anyone would be more motivated to make an app that people will actually like and find useful.**

*I think that making apps for well known companies or any business is a tricky area so it would have to be with a business's consent. Maybe even the business will allow me to build them an official app or better yet they may have an API or some sort of integration to work with.
    **Sorry, at the moment, I don't have any motivation to make game apps. Maybe one day.
    01-17-2015 10:44 AM
    From what I've experienced using Android and WP, most of my issues come with the quality of the existing first-party apps that are currently in the WP Store, not necessarily whether the app actually exists or not. Having said that, I'd ready like to see apps for Regions Bank and WalMart. All other issues I have with WP are purely app quality related. Good luck with your developing. :)
    lbeezy2188, Athull, tgp and 4 others like this.
    01-17-2015 10:51 AM
    From what I've experienced using Android and WP, most of my issues come with the quality of the existing first-party apps that are currently in the WP Store, not necessarily whether the app actually exists or not. Having said that, I'd ready like to see apps for Regions Bank and WalMart. All other issues I have with WP are purely app quality related. Good luck with your developing. :)
    I could write this exactly! My biggest gripe is the quality of WP's apps. Few are missing that I would use, but the usability of existing apps are a bigger problem, for me at least.
    Scienceguy Labs and mjoshi123 like this.
    01-17-2015 11:07 AM
    First Party Google Plus, Google Hangouts & YouTube. These three missing First Party apps drove me from Windows Phone to iPhone. But since I've started powering up my Lumia 925 and playing with it without a Sim it's nice to see that Candy Crush Saga & BBM have come to Windows Phone.

Roland
    anon(9057135) and rcorso like this.
    01-17-2015 11:19 AM
    A good chm file reader
    01-17-2015 11:22 AM
    Fully functional YouTube downloader to download 1080p videos directly to SD card, which can be transferred to PC or an other device
    01-17-2015 11:23 AM
    Just Nyan Cat in Space. I got all the apps I could possibly want and more with windows phone. ^-^

Although a perfect weather app would be nice. Transparent live tile, live radar, weather data from wunderground or Accuweather, severe weather alerts, and a beautiful design like Appy weather.
    01-17-2015 11:24 AM
    Fully functional YouTube downloader to download 1080p videos directly to SD card, which can be transferred to PC or an other device
    There are already apps for that -double facepalm-
    portalfocus likes this.
    01-17-2015 11:25 AM
    A web browser with chrome cast and apple tv integration, a media player with chrome cast and apple tv integration (don't say AVcast cause that sucks), snapchat, and google hangouts.

Those are the apps I would like to see, but more so i would like to see first party app developers who actually care, and update at the same time as IOS and Android.
    01-17-2015 11:31 AM
    A conduit bending app for electricians similar to ibend on ios.
    01-17-2015 11:32 AM
    SwagBucks :P
    01-17-2015 11:42 AM
    Snapchat+real racing 3+need for speed mw+csr racing+gta vice city..
    01-17-2015 11:45 AM
    Snapchat+real racing 3+need for speed mw+csr racing+gta vice city..
    If u r looking for a gta game then u can try GTA San Andreas
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...c-9ab7daf58681
    01-17-2015 11:51 AM
    Zillow and Weather Underground.
    01-17-2015 11:55 AM
    Zillow and Weather Underground.
    Just Zillow for me, lost it on a reset.
    01-17-2015 11:58 AM
    There are already apps for that -double facepalm-
    You would make my day before going to work if you let me know which app is that one?
    Bc the apps that I have, download but not to my SD or Phone memory. (get the all, metrotube,tubepro). ;)

Going back to the thread IMO iI would like to see a :
    -Walmart app
    -Starbucks (on the phone,no band)
    -Snap chat

Always its good to hear of someone its interested on develop.
    Thanks and good luck!!!
    portalfocus likes this.
    01-17-2015 12:03 PM
    Not sure why people need google soo much outside of search engine at best. Office > Docs. Skype > Hangouts. Outlook > Gmail. myTube/Tubecast > YouTube. Only one I think may be useful for a time is Google Maps. But sooner or later MS will get there or eventually be better than Gmaps. So just give it time. ^-^
    01-17-2015 12:28 PM
    If u r looking for a gta game then u can try GTA San Andreas
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...c-9ab7daf58681
    I did deploy dat game but had to tweak settings down to lowest...i rather wish to play vice city on on good graphic detail..
    01-17-2015 12:41 PM
    So have you heard of Miracast? Lumia 1520, 930, and 929 will support miracast with denim. Or from your experience what does chromecast do better than Miracast?

.chm, that is interesting, I am curious why you would view .chm files on a phone?

I don't think Snapchat is to friendly with Windows developers from some of the articles I've read. I think the only way snapchat will be available is if it were done by snapchat themselves.

Which leads into my thought that these businesses like snapchat, WalMart, and Starbucks have surely already looked at the Windows phone market and bypassed it. The reason I think this is because if they wanted to, they would have already hired Windows phone developers to develop their own Windows app from within their company or hired a software company on their own. I don't think they would let a third party developer make an official app for them.

The ibend app seems doable. I may look into that.
    01-17-2015 10:27 PM
    Microsoft enabling downloading in the background
    01-17-2015 10:41 PM
    You would make my day before going to work if you let me know which app is that one?
    Bc the apps that I have, download but not to my SD or Phone memory. (get the all, metrotube,tubepro). ;)

Going back to the thread IMO iI would like to see a :
    -Walmart app
    -Starbucks (on the phone,no band)
    -Snap chat

Always its good to hear of someone its interested on develop.
    Thanks and good luck!!!
    MyTube! latest version do allow you to download to your SD card. Not sure about the 1080P though. I know 720P is possible.
    01-17-2015 10:55 PM
    Me personally, I'm not really missing any... but there others that feel strongly about it. Thanks for asking this question. :)
    Guytronic likes this.
    01-17-2015 10:56 PM
    Well their are few apps which aren't available on wp

But the bigger issue is quality of app. WP doesn't offer good quality
    For example I recently started reading Manga and their are no decent app for it. I tried almost every app but no luck.
    And it applied with almost every app.
    01-17-2015 11:22 PM
    Not sure why people need google soo much outside of search engine at best. Office > Docs. Skype > Hangouts. Outlook > Gmail. myTube/Tubecast > YouTube. Only one I think may be useful for a time is Google Maps. But sooner or later MS will get there or eventually be better than Gmaps. So just give it time. ^-^
    Can't compare Skype and hangouts.

Can't send SMS from my Nokia 630, hangouts can.

Can't make a call (lags horribly), hangouts way better BTW started using Skype 2006.

More people have have hangouts, Skype account is not readily available.

Started using Gmail account 2006 & outlook popped around 2012 or there about. The other outlook was a nightmare.

Personally I would like Gmail and hangouts. Thank you.
    D M C likes this.
    01-17-2015 11:29 PM
    Can't compare Skype and hangouts.

Can't send SMS from my Nokia 630, hangouts can.

Can't make a call (lags horribly), hangouts way better BTW started using Skype 2006.

More people have have hangouts, Skype account is not readily available.

Started using Gmail account 2006 & outlook popped around 2012 or there about. The other outlook was a nightmare.

Personally I would like Gmail and hangouts. Thank you.
    Same here.
    I created my outlook a/c when I bought Lumia.

The only MS product I like is Windows.
    For other I prefer Google.
    01-18-2015 02:46 AM
145 123 ...