Listening to audio books...how do you?

Matthew Blair

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
How does everyone listen to their audio books? I'm not interested in Audible. I mean books that you already have mp3 files of? There seems to be no one way or stream lined method.

Frustrating.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
sorry - I don't have an answer, but feel your pain.

I find many MP3s have to be renamed or they are played out of order...

EasyOn

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, if you have the windows phone app for desktop, place the files into the podcast folder on the laptop, then fire up the app, then click to sync. It would show up as a podcast on the phone.
Yes, not pretty, but works.

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
To close this thread up, if you have audio books in .mp3 format, audiobooked works VERY well. So well, in fact, that I paid for the in-app upgrade. It's never lost my place, even when switching from book to book.

Also, audible has come back with a beta for their newly revamped app. I haven't played around with it too much, but it seems to be getting good reviews with frequent updates adding new features. Yay for us Windows Phone users!

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
(1) I get books on CD from my public library and rip them to MP3, then as previously said, I use the WP desktop app to sync them to my Podcast folder. I find however I have to ensure that the MP3 files are named sequentially AND have sequential timestamps, or they will show up in the wrong order on the phone. (I run a little Perl script that fixes up the filenames and timestamps before syncing ;) However even that's not a big problem; in the Podcast app you can always select the files fro a CD in the order you want them played.

(2) I use Overdrive Media Console to download audiobooks from my public library system. I've found dozens of good books there. The app's not great but it works well enough for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion