How does everyone listen to their audio books? I'm not interested in Audible. I mean books that you already have mp3 files of? There seems to be no one way or stream lined method.

Frustrating.
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    01-18-2015 08:56 PM
    sorry - I don't have an answer, but feel your pain.

I find many MP3s have to be renamed or they are played out of order...
    Matthew Blair likes this.
    01-18-2015 10:51 PM
    sorry - I don't have an answer, but feel your pain.

I find many MP3s have to be renamed or they are played out of order...
    I know. It's frustrating.
    01-18-2015 11:42 PM
    I haven't tried it yet, but this looks interesting. It's being actively developed too, which is a plus. It was updated a few days ago.

Audiobooked

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...9-9bbaa7a47d17
    01-19-2015 12:05 AM
    Where do you get audiobooks in .mp3 format? You can PM me if you don't want to make it public.
    01-19-2015 12:11 AM
    Where do you get audiobooks in .mp3 format? You can PM me if you don't want to make it public.
    Most of them are from christianaudio.com. Others are ripped.
    01-19-2015 12:24 AM
    Well, if you have the windows phone app for desktop, place the files into the podcast folder on the laptop, then fire up the app, then click to sync. It would show up as a podcast on the phone.
    Yes, not pretty, but works.
    01-19-2015 01:07 AM
    To close this thread up, if you have audio books in .mp3 format, audiobooked works VERY well. So well, in fact, that I paid for the in-app upgrade. It's never lost my place, even when switching from book to book.

Also, audible has come back with a beta for their newly revamped app. I haven't played around with it too much, but it seems to be getting good reviews with frequent updates adding new features. Yay for us Windows Phone users!
    03-15-2015 01:21 PM
    (1) I get books on CD from my public library and rip them to MP3, then as previously said, I use the WP desktop app to sync them to my Podcast folder. I find however I have to ensure that the MP3 files are named sequentially AND have sequential timestamps, or they will show up in the wrong order on the phone. (I run a little Perl script that fixes up the filenames and timestamps before syncing ;) However even that's not a big problem; in the Podcast app you can always select the files fro a CD in the order you want them played.

(2) I use Overdrive Media Console to download audiobooks from my public library system. I've found dozens of good books there. The app's not great but it works well enough for me.
    03-17-2015 08:24 AM