Chase Bank pulling their app from store, WP users UNITE!

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Whatever you feel about Windows Phone, this makes no sense at all.

They already invested in building the app, it has 2000+ ratings, which indicates that there is a user base.

Why pull it?

This has bull*hit written all over it. Let's unite and show our discontent on their social pages.

Even if you do not use the app, but love Windows Phone, like me, go and take the minute to show Windows Phone has a solid user base.

Let's try to revert this nonsense decision and show solidarity to the users who use the app, because one day, one app you love might also be pulled!

Be polite! Nothing to be won in being rude!

https://www.facebook.com/chase (don't publish a comment, it will be deleted, comment on the photos).

https://twitter.com/ChaseSupport

PCB

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft needs to exert their considerable influence. Surely they have substantial relationships that can be leveraged. If you work at MS please forward this idea up the ladder. Losing critical, mainstream apps like this does not help your efforts to expand market share. Online website does not allow for deposit by phone.

Christopher DeWitt

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Forget the apps...lol...man...windows is set up to use everything anyways, and every major company has a windows program...hell with a stupid app from chase...lol just go to the website.

officially_juju

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
This really, really sucks. I have a Lumia 735 in transit and was going to sell my iPhone 6 because I find the WP platform more interesting. I already have the return label shipped :( Chase is my bank and I can't move my whole account over it. This also concerns me regarding the WP platform's future. Such a shame :( I was stoked.

sqlchicken

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft needs to exert their considerable influence. Surely they have substantial relationships that can be leveraged. If you work at MS please forward this idea up the ladder. Losing critical, mainstream apps like this does not help your efforts to expand market share. Online website does not allow for deposit by phone.
If it makes you feel any better when stuff like this gets posted there are quite a few folks at Microsoft that post it internally on yammer and start making noise. We're fans of platform too obviously and hate to see stuff like this. Hopefully Windows 10 draws back developers.

officially_juju

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Forget the apps...lol...man...windows is set up to use everything anyways, and every major company has a windows program...hell with a stupid app from chase...lol just go to the website.

This thought process is why BlackBerry is where it is right now. And like the previous poster, the mobile app allows you to deposit checks.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've already posted about this in Requested App of the Week thread. Maybe we can build a wave of feedback.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1/331993-4.htm#post2948345

Chase is not my bank either and I'm concerned.

Chase is one of my banks, but I feel if it weren't I would too be very concerned and would offer my requests/comments via their social media, support, etc. I'm hoping non-Chase users will somehow see threads like these and help out as well.

TexZenFool

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
In addition to the social media posts, log into your Chase account on the Web and send them a secure message. That way at least one person at Chase has to read it and respond.

TexZenFool

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
. . . and I got the typical reply from Chase
We appreciate your business and want to make sure you are
aware of a change we're making to our mobile options.
Starting March 22, 2015, we'll no longer offer the Chase
Mobile(R) app for Windows Phone (R) devices.

Due to low usage of Windows Mobile devices, the Chase
Mobile App is no longer available to download in the
Windows Marketplace for Windows device users.

They then suggest I buy a scanner from them and pay a monthly service fee so I can scan checks to deposit, since their web app does not support depositing checks the way the Windows Phone App does.

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
This sucks. I just read the new on The Verge. WTF is the deal here. I've been a WP since DAY Fn ONE! Chase is my bank and tired of these recent pulled apps.

Not sure what to do now. Before I picked up the HTC One, I was on the verge on getting the Galaxy Note. I stuck with Windows Phone though. Now looks like I'm at that cross road again. When my contract is up, should I go with Android?

This is getting tiring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6