Chase Bank pulling their app from store, WP users UNITE!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
How will spamming Chase's social contacts help anything? I'm sure they know precisely how much their WP app is getting used. The only thing I could see helping is if WP users who don't currently use Chase switch to them en masse and start using their app. Yeah I know, that's not going to happen!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
How will spamming Chase's social contacts help anything? I'm sure they know precisely how much their WP app is getting used. The only thing I could see helping is if WP users who don't currently use Chase switch to them en masse and start using their app. Yeah I know, that's not going to happen!

A company responds to the public constantly and publicly criticizing an action. Voicing your pains has more impact than rolling over and being passive.

Emailing executives helps too.

eriqjo

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
This is killing me.... When non-Windows Phone friends ask me how I deal with the app shortage I always say "they have all of the ones that I need" (sports, weather, games, BANKING, etc.). Can't say that anymore.

wolfee48

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
This is sad.

I just switched over to WP and at least I acquired the app before the Chase deadline. I felt this pain with my BlackBerry, but at least I could sideload or install the APK.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Never use a Bank app. Just don't need to have immediate access to my accounts. However, I joined in and tweeted Chase.

Last edited:

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Chase Bank replied to my tweet that it is their goal to assist ALL their mobile customers and my tweet was forwarded to the people in charge. (or something to that fact)

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Whatever you feel about Windows Phone, this makes no sense at all.

They already invested in building the app, it has 2000+ ratings, which indicates that there is a user base.

Why pull it?

This has bull*hit written all over it. Let's unite and show our discontent on their social pages.

Even if you do not use the app, but love Windows Phone, like me, go and take the minute to show Windows Phone has a solid user base.

Let's try to revert this nonsense decision and show solidarity to the users who use the app, because one day, one app you love might also be pulled!

Be polite! Nothing to be won in being rude!

https://www.facebook.com/chase (don't publish a comment, it will be deleted, comment on the photos).

https://twitter.com/ChaseSupport

2000+ votes are pathetic! Android version has ‎170,243 votes. iOS version has 101,935 votes. Even with the whole WP community united, it is still so small as compared to the user base on other platforms. They are correct about the small WP user base. Now I don't even know if Universal apps going to help WP at all. I wonder how many users out there are actually using Modern apps on Windows.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
This sucks. I just read the new on The Verge. WTF is the deal here. I've been a WP since DAY Fn ONE! Chase is my bank and tired of these recent pulled apps.

Not sure what to do now. Before I picked up the HTC One, I was on the verge on getting the Galaxy Note. I stuck with Windows Phone though. Now looks like I'm at that cross road again. When my contract is up, should I go with Android?

This is getting tiring.

No, because you will want to come back and there will be no Windows phone if we don't stand our ground now.

Here is what they told me via Twitter:

https://twitter.com/ChaseSupport/status/560246884519141376

Please favorite that tweet! Everyone!

Last edited:

RobbieRobski

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I know I'm late to this convo, but just noticed when I launch the bofa app it says "Sorry, we'll stop supporting the app for this device" But you can access mobile banking with us though your browser.

I honestly don't understand what the hell the deal is. Once an app is published it doesn't cost anything anymore. And with regard to bug fixes and features. I've never had a problem, but maybe more importantly I can't ever really remember this app getting updates anyway. Does anyone know the release date/version history? This has to be some strange political stunt on their end.

I don't do checking with chase, I only have credit cards with them. But yeah I do bank with bofa and I like being able to deposit my checks.

Looks like wells fargo is the only other bank that has an app for windows phone. It's really a hassle switching banks, especially if you have all your online bills setup, but this is something worth raising a stink about. I really hope every WP fan will raise a stink about this, even if you don't bank with these bastards.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I know I'm late to this convo, but just noticed when I launch the bofa app it says "Sorry, we'll stop supporting the app for this device" But you can access mobile banking with us though your browser.

I honestly don't understand what the hell the deal is. Once an app is published it doesn't cost anything anymore. And with regard to bug fixes and features. I've never had a problem, but maybe more importantly I can't ever really remember this app getting updates anyway. Does anyone know the release date/version history? This has to be some strange political stunt on their end.

I don't do checking with chase, I only have credit cards with them. But yeah I do bank with bofa and I like being able to deposit my checks.

Looks like wells fargo is the only other bank that has an app for windows phone. It's really a hassle switching banks, especially if you have all your online bills setup, but this is something worth raising a stink about. I really hope every WP fan will raise a stink about this, even if you don't bank with these bastards.

​There is something fishy with it. If you scour a bit you'll see some apple pay consipracy theories to market share excuses. I have both Chase and Bofa. I was going to wait until March just to make sure Wells Fargo doesn't pull the same thing (even thought they released a statement saying they have no plans to drop support for WP), before I switch over. You should contact Bofa and/or Chase thru your account and other social media avenues to express your concern.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99