Chase Bank discontinuing WP app

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I just received notice that as of 1/26, Chase Bank is removing their WP app from the store and reinstalls will fail. Here is the message I sent them:

"I just learned you're discontinuing the app for Windows
Phone. I'm upgrading my phone in May. Guess I'll be
looking for a new bank. I love my phone more than I love
my bank. EPIC FAIL."

If you're a Chase customer, go to their website on a computer and at the top edge, there's a link for Contact Us. In the Contact page, you'll find a link for General Feedback. I'd love it if I'm not the only one who gives them flak about this.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The reply I got from their customer service dept said I'd be able to use a mobile browser for most services -- except, of course, Quick Deposit. That doesn't sound like there's a replacement on the way. :(

No, it doesn't. My bank told me they would not be building for my phone that I should use mobile browser too. Then I heard the announcement that Chase had a Windows app and I considered moving my money. I hope this is temporary.

Have you considered something like Mint?

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
So are they continuing their Android / iOS versions? If they are continuing with other platforms, means Windows Phone is not doing good, not even with Universal apps.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
The Chase app was not a universal app. Not sure what you're getting at here.

I know. Is 2 different questions there and they are linked. If CHASE is carrying on with other platform versions and not WP, do we still think Windows 10 going Universal apps will help Windows Phones? CHASE is not even considering making a modern app for Windows.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Much of what developers will do depends largely on what Microsoft can build into these devices and how quickly they do it. Windows X might be where this all turns around but don't expect this to get better before it gets worse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro