When will Instagram update and have features like iOS and Android?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Instagram

Let me revert my previous reply.. "Never" kinda sounds harsh and it may not necessarily be the truth. Well, Microsoft paid Instagram to develop an app for WP. Now unless Microsoft isn't willing to pay more to bring the crap app on par with the iOS and Android version, it's not gonna happen.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Nah don't even ask Instagram, they don't answer. Get 6tag and let go. That's the best advice I can give. And it's not even to make publicity for 6tag it's just that it's the only good/updated app available. I'm starting to believe Microsoft (or Nokia then) paid off Instagram to make one app and then the money didn't keep coming so the updates didn't keep coming.

My only hope, that came with learning that Rudy Hyun was behind the official Dropbox app, is that Instagram is smart enough to get him to make the official app.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nah don't even ask Instagram, they don't answer. Get 6tag and let go. That's the best advice I can give. And it's not even to make publicity for 6tag it's just that it's the only good/updated app available. I'm starting to believe Microsoft (or Nokia then) paid off Instagram to make one app and then the money didn't keep coming so the updates didn't keep coming.

My only hope, that came with learning that Rudy Hyun was behind the official Dropbox app, is that Instagram is smart enough to get him to make the official app.

Microsoft indeed paid Instagram to develop that app. And they're not the only company who received money from MS to have their app appear in the WP store.

Muhammad Bin Naveed

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah this is on the insta website

"When are you going to make the app for Blackberry, Windows Phone 7, iPad, etc?

We are currently working on making the iPhone and Android experiences as solid as possible. Only then will we consider other platforms, but currently we have nothing to announce."

Sooo no Insta anytime soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720