Snapchat, sad but true.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently looking at other phones, iOS & Android, I didn't think one app would have me want to leave WP but that is the case, since Snapchat has gone I've been left with nothing for a go between, left high and dry. If and when WP gets Snapchat for me they will have all the big apps people want in regards to social not having this atm is a killer blow for WP imho, 6snap was working so well until Snapchat got bossy.

So soon enough I could own a damn iphone :-/

I've owned 4 different Lumias so it sucks I've to jump ship for now.

Last edited:

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
What's the deal with snapchat?
Why are so many people crazy about it? There are so much more ways to share a photo other than snapchat.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Why are so many people crazy about it? There are so much more ways to share a photo other than snapchat.

I don't use Snapchat either, but considering it has over 100 million users I'd guess that there's something appealing about it! :amaze:

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Need a os that will allow me to post my videos to facebook pages manager from my OneDrive. I can do it from my co workers android but not from my windows phone. But fiance say I have to wait to switch ......she doesn't understand.

anon(5338685)

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I feel for you! I am on the same boat. What most of the people here fail to realise is that THEY might not use Snapchat and THEY would be okay to use other mediums to share but when someone has a friend circle in which everyone is using snapchat, he/she just cannot let it be. This is what lots of people in these forums fail to understand when they say, "why don't you use something else". When all your friends are on it, who will you use the other medium with?

And don't throw around, "get your friends to use other mediums". That is easier said than done and only makes you the **** of jokes that wp lacks

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Everyone of my friends use it some more than others, its fun to have, but not having the option to send snaps anymore through 6snap kind of sucks. Its a major app not matter if you like it or not and for me currently its one I do miss, I've no idea why lol

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
And don't throw around, "get your friends to use other mediums". That is easier said than done and only makes you the **** of jokes that wp lacks

This is an attitude that's prevalent here which I fail to understand. It's not practical to get your friends to switch. If I can't use what they use because of my choice of smartphone, it's MY problem, not theirs! It's "little" things like this that help keep WP from taking off.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Well then go on. Looks like snapchat don't want to operate on WP, so change your phone as it doesn't have what you want from it.

I guess I couldn't understand snpachat thing as none of my friends use it, nor have I seen anyone use it, ever. Not so popular in my country.

hb1x

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Same here. Need a os that will allow me to post my videos to facebook pages manager from my OneDrive. I can do it from my co workers android but not from my windows phone. But fiance say I have to wait to switch ......she doesn't understand.

Get UniShare. I personally use it every single day. Free version doesn't support posting to FB pages. You'll have to pay a few bucks. But it's worth it.

Link - www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/unishare/ee42cb1d-8a68-41c6-9c0c-d3e3fc61d6ea

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Cant really blame anyone but Snapchat....Its not my bag, But there must be a lot of snotty, spotty teens who do! Untill the next "must have" Big thing comes along. Baffling really

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Personally, if I had a circle of friends that only wanted to send me messages that would "self-destruct" after a present amount of time, messages that they didn't trust me enough to keep, then I'd find other friends. I personally would never send a message that I would be afraid that would be seen by the wrong person, or that I couldn't trust the person with whom I sent it. But then again, I don't represent the general smartphone population, and most especially couldn't represent the snapchat population. #1, I'm not a teenager (or even close), and #2, I am not the kind of person that has to do what everyone else is doing. (I won't even talk about sheeple and all that.) I'm comfortable enough to do my own thing and not care what others think.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

If you want Snapchat - get a new phone - makes sense!

Killer blow for WP because of no Snapchat? I read some articles about Snapchat usage - none of them seem phone limiting.

Are you able to explain what you use Snapchat for that is so crucial?

I read this, but none applied to me. But to each their own!

What?s the point of Snapchat, and how does it work? - Pocket-lint

Just curious. Maybe it is something I just don't get. (I also wondered why anyone would ever txt when it first came out)

Thanks for posting

Mr. V

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
For me I use snapchat with friends, its not to everyone's liking but just being able to have it would be cool, I would mainly use it for sending snaps to friends just for a bit of fun and to make people laugh it can get pretty entertaining when bored, I guess I just like interacting with friends and seeing what their up to. Its not something I use flat out but being able to have it to use is cool.

I have recently switched to an iPhone 5s while still keeping my Lumia 925 as I cant bare to let it go because I do love WP.

RJames97

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Ok so there's definitely a generation gap here. People my age (highschool/college students) are hugely connected through social media and snapchat is one of the big ones for our age. It might not match some of you but you should understand that there are a lot of us teenagers who are constantly being left behind when it comes to trending apps. It's not so much about "being cool" or anything, it's about being connected with friends and for our generation, this is one of the ways. So unless snapchat, and other social media, publish their apps that are on par with ios and Android, windows is not going to gain as much market share. Not saying this is a deal breaker, I'm saying this is one of the issues that need to be addressed if windows phone wants to become the dominant OS

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Ok so there's definitely a generation gap here. People my age (highschool/college students) are hugely connected through social media and snapchat is one of the big ones for our age. It might not match some of you but you should understand that there are a lot of us teenagers who are constantly being left behind when it comes to trending apps. It's not so much about "being cool" or anything, it's about being connected with friends and for our generation, this is one of the ways. So unless snapchat, and other social media, publish their apps that are on par with ios and Android, windows is not going to gain as much market share. Not saying this is a deal breaker, I'm saying this is one of the issues that need to be addressed if windows phone wants to become the dominant OS

It may be a generation thing but of all the people I know in said age group, none of them use Snapchat, myself included. My friends and I just use WhatsApp and that's good enough for us. The need for a thousand different apps escapes me. Not saying its not important for those who primarily use it for communication but I don't think it had as much importance as you place on it as a means of communication for teens/college students.

RJames97

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Huh I guess location plays a part in it too cause I haven't seen anyone use WhatsApp in my area (LA) and that's pretty interesting. But yeah I agree that we don't need thousands of those pointless apps, I'm just saying we need some of the major ones out there and update the ones we do have with the new features.

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
It may be a generation thing but of all the people I know in said age group, none of them use Snapchat, myself included. My friends and I just use WhatsApp and that's good enough for us. The need for a thousand different apps escapes me. Not saying its not important for those who primarily use it for communication but I don't think it had as much importance as you place on it as a means of communication for teens/college students.
"I don't use it so it's not important to anyone"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo