Is notifications for the official Twitter app working? I'm not getting any for people that I follow (I've switched on notifications for them).

Running Denim.
    02-04-2015 06:37 PM
    Is notifications for the official Twitter app working? I'm not getting any for people that I follow (I've switched on notifications for them).

Running Denim.

Mine stop every 2 days. I turn tweets off in settings, exit app. Then turn them back on. I have to repeat this over and over. Same with tapatalk. I was afraid the hard reset from that chive app fiasco caused this, or screwed up my phone. Or it's just a coincidence due to this not starting till that happened.
    Alroy Swain likes this.
    02-04-2015 06:42 PM
    Ok, I'll give that a go.

Is this an app issue or an OS issue?
    02-04-2015 06:45 PM
    I think it has something to do with the os. The os apparently, so I heard, can have up to 30 apps push notifications.
    02-04-2015 06:54 PM
    Ok, I'll give that a go.

Is this an app issue or an OS issue?

Everything else works fine for me. Just twitter and tapatalk are funny for me.
    Alroy Swain likes this.
    02-04-2015 06:54 PM
    I don't get notifications in twitter has well.. But I think the issues are with the cuz rest of the apps give notification on apt time ;)
    Alroy Swain likes this.
    02-04-2015 07:01 PM
    Maybe its a bit of both
    02-04-2015 07:02 PM
    Uninstall Twitter app, go to your twitter page on the web from a computer and go to your settings. Choose apps and revoke access from the Twitter for Windows Phone. Reinstall the app and give it permission to connect to your account and all that as usual. Give it a little time and see if you start getting notifications consistently after that. It worked for me after a long time not getting notifications from it.
    Alroy Swain, steppyhen and I3unny like this.
    02-04-2015 07:08 PM
    Uninstall Twitter app, go to your twitter page on the web from a computer and go to your settings. Choose apps and revoke access from the Twitter for Windows Phone. Reinstall the app and give it permission to connect to your account and all that as usual. Give it a little time and see if you start getting notifications consistently after that. It worked for me after a long time not getting notifications from it.
    Thanks for this tip - just done this and it worked :) I'll have to remember this for when/if it happens again!
    Last edited by steppyhen; 02-05-2015 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Added quote
    02-05-2015 04:16 AM
    Yeah, the official twitter app kinda sux but i keep using it.
    02-05-2015 01:36 PM
    Unable to install twitter. Error
    02-06-2015 03:15 AM
    Unable to install twitter. Error
    Which error code?
    02-06-2015 03:23 AM
    Yeah, the official twitter app kinda sux but i keep using it.
    so do I.. It ok for my usage but only thing sucks is not getting notifications..

I hope the app developer check the complaints about their app asap.
    02-06-2015 09:56 AM

Did this. And it still stopped after a few days.
    02-10-2015 08:49 AM
    Which error code?

Error 80073cf9

I get this error code only for twitter.

I soft reset my phone. still same error.
    Changed the default location of storing new apps to phone memory.

But error still persist
    02-13-2015 04:14 AM
    Error 80073cf9

I get this error code only for twitter.

I soft reset my phone. still same error.
    Changed the default location of storing new apps to phone memory.

But error still persist
    Check this attachment and try if they work for you.
    http://www.techanges.com/windows-phone-error-80073cf9/
    02-13-2015 04:34 AM
    Check this attachment and try if they work for you.
    How to fix Windows Phone Error 80073cf9
    Already tried. Except hard reset
    02-13-2015 11:55 PM
    Did this. And it still stopped after a few days.
    Same with me, it works for a while then no notifications :(

I've tried an alternative (can't remember which one) but I didn't like it as much.

Tweetium is well rated but there is a monthly cost to receive notifications! I might look for another one, I don't mind paying but not a subscription.....

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    02-14-2015 03:05 PM
    I've done this twice and my twitter notifications stop working after a few hours. I still get mentions and RTs but no notifications from the people I have enabled. Very annoying. It has to be app because I get notification from my other apps.
    02-20-2015 08:06 AM
    That is exactly what worked for me. This issue started happening after the Twitter app was updated to shift Windows Phone twitter experience completely onto the app. Looks like some bug was introduced because of that.
    03-03-2015 12:12 PM
    This started happening to me a few days ago. Tried the solution from Fwaits that has worked for others, but no dice yet. How long after the uninstall/revoke/reinstall did it take to start getting notifications? I did a reboot after the uninstall and the reinstall.
    06-08-2015 12:28 PM