Need a decent podcast player?

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I am coming from Android where even the $hittiest of podcast player seems to work better than anything on WP unless I am missing something.

I tried Podcast Picker, it wouldn't play some podcasts it downloaded, no auto delete of played episodes.
Tried Podcast Lounge, It had a horrible UI and wasn't very user friendly, it also didn't play some podcasts and this morning I opened it and it froze the phone, had to reboot.

Podcasts are a big thing for me as I listen to them all day at work, my fave on Android was Pocket casts. What I want is an app that I can import and export my podcasts lists. Ability to sync and auto download and be able to schedule auto download and put all new episodes into a playlist and then deletes played files once listened to.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I agree. The podcast player that comes with Windows Phone 8.1 is soooo close. A couple updates to fix a bug or two and it does exactly what I need. The search is absolutely horrible. Even when I know exactly what I am looking for, things are hard to find. I can't search for new podcasts under categories. How do I know what to look for if I don't know it exists? Let me scroll through what exists and choose what I want.

I also have Podcast+ Pro. I haven't used it a lot, but some things right off are a bit strange to me. Again, maybe I just need to use it more. Other than that, it is solid.

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Today I tried I Podcasts, again buggy. Once a podcast had played rather than deleting it decided to replay it again. I listened to 5 podcasts today, all showing as played but none deleted. The search continues, surly it can't be such a difficult job to make a decent Podcast app

lmnopotts

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Today I tried I Podcasts, again buggy. Once a podcast had played rather than deleting it decided to replay it again. I listened to 5 podcasts today, all showing as played but none deleted. The search continues, surly it can't be such a difficult job to make a decent Podcast app

At least yours opened! My phone updated yesterday and the native Podcast app closes 1-2 seconds after opening every time. I hooked my phone to my laptop to manually delete 400mb of podcasts that were hidden from me now that Podcasts app doesn't work.

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Today I tried I Podcasts, again buggy. Once a podcast had played rather than deleting it decided to replay it again. I listened to 5 podcasts today, all showing as played but none deleted
I have used i Podcast for a while now and it is the best one I have tried. You realise the replay and delete functionality are controlled by user settings? The only thing I would warn against is setting it to download to SD card which is a known issue but use internal memory instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb