Today my WhatsApp free 1yr subscription expired. There was no warning. The app simply went transparent as though it wasn't actually installed and when I tried to press to launch the app it refused to launch. Eventually I had to reinstall the app. However this time I got a registration message giving me 1 additional free month. I'm not against paying for apps (I've spent my share of money on apps of far lesser value) but something about paying for an app when there are equally efficient substitutes available for free, insults the idea me being a "rational consumer." The only free app I wont download is fb messenger. Everything else is fair game.

I'm not cheap! I'm just expect more 'freeness' - made up words are the best.
    02-12-2015 03:36 PM
    Whether or not it's worthwhile is only something you would know.

How often do you use WhatsApp? Do your friends use any other apps or is WhatsApp the only one they use?

If you have an alternative that your friends also use, then WhatsApp might not be worthwhile. If WhatsApp is the only app your friends have and they won't use anything else, then it might be worthwhile.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    02-12-2015 03:46 PM
    WhatsApp did a smart move to make it free for 1 year so people could get "hooked" on it.
    And I think a lot of people are going to pay and maybe not because they use it but there friends use it.

So I think they use a "sneaky" way but allso an effective way to get paid .
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-12-2015 03:47 PM
    That's my problem. All of my friends use it. I even created a couple groups that pretty active.
    02-12-2015 04:14 PM
    That's my problem. All of my friends use it. I even created a couple groups that pretty active.
    And that is the "sneaky" part. Because not only you but also your friends and the friends of your friends and the friends of your friends friends and .......have to stop using whatsapp.
    But you could wait till the end of the months maybe you get again a free extension.
    02-12-2015 04:35 PM