MetroMail what a joke . Any other suggestions?

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I went with Metromail after reading some reviews here. I paid for the app and ever since it's been buggy, but it did what I needed it do and I could live with it. Now I get a message telling me that I have to pay for it again. Which seems to happen once and a while, but it usually fixed. Today I get message about they converted it to free because a MS bug that caused paid user to lose their account. Now in order to use the full version again I'm going have to pay for it again.

Looking for any other suggestions.

wp_ss_20150214_0001.png

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I went with Metromail after reading some reviews here. I paid for the app and ever since it's been buggy, but it did what I needed it do and I could live with it. Now I get a message telling me that I have to pay for it again. Which seems to happen once and a while, but it usually fixed. Today I get message about they converted it to free because a MS bug that caused paid user to lose their account. Now in order to use the full version again I'm going have to pay for it again.

Looking for any other suggestions.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62120287/misc/wp_ss_20150214_0001.png

Use Maestro. It's good.

hb1x

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Uninstalled Metromail and reinstalled it to check if I have to pay for it again. Fortunately, everything's good here. I still have the full (paid) version.

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Maestro now. It's buggy and it's not as good as Metro, but the program has potential.

I tried the uninstall and reinstall. I'm going to report them to MS (not sure if they will do anything) as I haven't heard back from the Dev.

skugg

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Use Maestro. It's free today.

It keeps popping up in the notification center with the mail that has been read and deleted like 3 days ago.

Still announces it as if it was a new mail...

Plus no labels on swipe support, which was huge for me in Metromail.

Any ideas though, where could I voice my discomfort regarding the dev/support team of Mm?

Edit: Never mind, I missed maestro's full debut. Gonna check it out now. Thanks for the heads up!!

skugg

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
The app got updated today, but still no response from the dev...
I'm starting to give up on it...

But the fact, my money got 'baited' out irritates me...

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Are they seriously asking people to pay for it again who already did? I'm suddenly not getting notifications as of about two days ago. I can't figure out which other app has reliable push notifications for gmail. If they wanted more money, it would have been much more honest to institute a yearly app fee or something instead of this BS. This seems so shady I'm not sure what to do. I don't trust that paying for the app again would restore the features.

dariohead

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I feel the need to add my own experience here - today I finally, after 1 year of struggling removed MetroMail from my phone and started using the native Outlook app on the phone.

My notes on why I think this app is not usable:
1. It is completely unreliable. Notifications work - until they don't. And then you don't know why they stopped working. Tried resetting and nothing. Who wants an email app that you are not sure it's notifying you correctly at all??
2. If you remove and re-install it - it will bug you to buy it again. Simple closing and re-opening of the app makes this go away - but I learned this the hard way - by paying for it twice.
3. Support sucks - no, sorry - there is NONE whatsoever. I mean common. This is one of the most important things for most people. We don't expect phone support but replying to people with some *serious* issues and bugs is mega important. At least forum could be created by the developer. But hey - they don't even have a website! :-|
4. Other bugs, like settings not saving and keep bugging you or resetting after some time. Again, how hard can this be? It just needs to be resolved once. Why lose customers over it.

Now, I understand this is an app from a one-person developer, but this means nothing to the end user. And I understand him - for a while. After a year, it's just too much. Make it open-source if you can't handle it. Or make it (ad)free and continue with the "I don't have time for this" attitude - it would be much more understandable for an app you don't have to buy.

Lastly, of course, I would never write so much here if I didn't *really* like the features of MetroMail because they are the best ones in any current WP mail app - hands down... And this is why I stuck around with it for so long - when the app is working I love it.

So... I just hope Windows 10 Mobile Outlook app will be even better and it looks like it could be. I certainly hope so because I think lack of a seriously awesome Mail App is a MAJOR turn off for many people that would think about using WP otherwise.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Outlook on Windows 10 Mobile will be good, as it'll be the same app used for the desktop version of Windows 10.

And being an app, it'll be updated as and when necessary to fix issues and add features.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234