I went with Metromail after reading some reviews here. I paid for the app and ever since it's been buggy, but it did what I needed it do and I could live with it. Now I get a message telling me that I have to pay for it again. Which seems to happen once and a while, but it usually fixed. Today I get message about they converted it to free because a MS bug that caused paid user to lose their account. Now in order to use the full version again I'm going have to pay for it again.

Looking for any other suggestions.

02-14-2015 03:08 PM
    Same me. I send them mail last night but so far no answer. This is joke.
    02-17-2015 03:09 PM
    May be Dev hasn't read this. He I usually very responsive. Give him some time.
    02-17-2015 08:59 PM
    What feature of MetroMail is it that you want to have in another app?
    02-17-2015 09:29 PM
    I went with Metromail after reading some reviews here. I paid for the app and ever since it's been buggy, but it did what I needed it do and I could live with it. Now I get a message telling me that I have to pay for it again. Which seems to happen once and a while, but it usually fixed. Today I get message about they converted it to free because a MS bug that caused paid user to lose their account. Now in order to use the full version again I'm going have to pay for it again.

Looking for any other suggestions.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...50214_0001.png

Use Maestro. It's good.
    02-17-2015 10:01 PM
    Use Maestro. It's good.
    it's in beta for 5mos now.

I'm glad MS is building a new email client for W10.
    02-18-2015 01:29 AM
    it's in beta for 5mos now.

I'm glad MS is building a new email client for W10.

Yes. It is but it works for things which are not there on default mail client like attachment support, etc.
    02-18-2015 02:22 AM
    Uninstalled Metromail and reinstalled it to check if I have to pay for it again. Fortunately, everything's good here. I still have the full (paid) version.
    reznorek and lucaspestana like this.
    02-22-2015 04:33 AM
    Thx for tip. Seems to be working.
    02-24-2015 12:34 PM
    Same issue, tried the reinstall, didn't pan out. Sent a mail to the dev, waiting for his response...
    03-02-2015 11:54 AM
    I'm using Maestro now. It's buggy and it's not as good as Metro, but the program has potential.

I tried the uninstall and reinstall. I'm going to report them to MS (not sure if they will do anything) as I haven't heard back from the Dev.
    03-09-2015 01:56 PM
    Still no response from the dev...
    Apparently, I am not the only one...
    03-18-2015 07:04 AM
    Still no response from the dev...

Apparently, I am not the only one...

Use Maestro. It's free today.
    03-19-2015 04:27 PM
    Use Maestro. It's free today.

It keeps popping up in the notification center with the mail that has been read and deleted like 3 days ago.

Still announces it as if it was a new mail...

Plus no labels on swipe support, which was huge for me in Metromail.

Any ideas though, where could I voice my discomfort regarding the dev/support team of Mm?

Edit: Never mind, I missed maestro's full debut. Gonna check it out now. Thanks for the heads up!!
    03-19-2015 09:38 PM
    The app got updated today, but still no response from the dev...
    I'm starting to give up on it...

But the fact, my money got 'baited' out irritates me...
    04-01-2015 12:40 AM
    Are they seriously asking people to pay for it again who already did? I'm suddenly not getting notifications as of about two days ago. I can't figure out which other app has reliable push notifications for gmail. If they wanted more money, it would have been much more honest to institute a yearly app fee or something instead of this BS. This seems so shady I'm not sure what to do. I don't trust that paying for the app again would restore the features.
    04-04-2015 06:49 PM
    Also no notifications for me. Strange...
    04-05-2015 01:04 PM
    Sent another mail to support, still no answer...
    04-28-2015 02:24 PM
    I feel the need to add my own experience here - today I finally, after 1 year of struggling removed MetroMail from my phone and started using the native Outlook app on the phone.

My notes on why I think this app is not usable:
    1. It is completely unreliable. Notifications work - until they don't. And then you don't know why they stopped working. Tried resetting and nothing. Who wants an email app that you are not sure it's notifying you correctly at all??
    2. If you remove and re-install it - it will bug you to buy it again. Simple closing and re-opening of the app makes this go away - but I learned this the hard way - by paying for it twice.
    3. Support sucks - no, sorry - there is NONE whatsoever. I mean common. This is one of the most important things for most people. We don't expect phone support but replying to people with some *serious* issues and bugs is mega important. At least forum could be created by the developer. But hey - they don't even have a website! :-|
    4. Other bugs, like settings not saving and keep bugging you or resetting after some time. Again, how hard can this be? It just needs to be resolved once. Why lose customers over it.

Now, I understand this is an app from a one-person developer, but this means nothing to the end user. And I understand him - for a while. After a year, it's just too much. Make it open-source if you can't handle it. Or make it (ad)free and continue with the "I don't have time for this" attitude - it would be much more understandable for an app you don't have to buy.

Lastly, of course, I would never write so much here if I didn't *really* like the features of MetroMail because they are the best ones in any current WP mail app - hands down... And this is why I stuck around with it for so long - when the app is working I love it.

So... I just hope Windows 10 Mobile Outlook app will be even better and it looks like it could be. I certainly hope so because I think lack of a seriously awesome Mail App is a MAJOR turn off for many people that would think about using WP otherwise.
    06-03-2015 05:59 AM
    Yes, Outlook on Windows 10 Mobile will be good, as it'll be the same app used for the desktop version of Windows 10.

And being an app, it'll be updated as and when necessary to fix issues and add features.
    06-03-2015 06:01 AM
    Pebble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-04-2015 07:03 PM