Since Snapchat removed the "Support My Incompatible Device" section, It made sense to me that they want us to send or requests in for our windows phones as Feature Requests. And here is mine

untitled.png
    Michael Gabris1 likes this.
    03-02-2015 11:53 AM
    Eh the painful truth is that if they wanted to support our platform they would've done so by now...... They put up a form and it was pretty clear that there are enough users on our platform who wanted snapchat, but they decided not to listen -_-
    03-02-2015 12:37 PM
    I understand that. I just feel like letting them know how I feel
    Michael Gabris1 and ven07 like this.
    03-02-2015 02:12 PM
    I understand that. I just feel like letting them know how I feel
    I salute you for not giving up :D
    03-02-2015 03:39 PM
    Problem is, the people behind making decisions at Snapchat are just anti-Microsoft. It doesn't matter if we exceed Apple's market share, they still won't budge because they are anti-Microsoft.

If you want snapchat, you'll either have to change platforms, or talk your friends into using an app that whose makers have better business sense.
    03-02-2015 07:36 PM
    Snapchat is a business. I very much doubt if the market share exceeded Apple's they would refuse.. lol
    03-03-2015 02:18 PM
    Snapchat is a business. I very much doubt if the market share exceeded Apple's they would refuse.. lol
    I doubt we have the numbers Iphone has, but we do have numbers :/
    03-03-2015 02:21 PM
    Obviously not enough. Snapchat isnt the only company that ignores windows
    03-03-2015 05:25 PM
    Clash of clans dev's stated that WP doesn't have the numbers they want and that out current users would not be enough to form a thriving community.... I call BS on that and any other dev that says this.. Why? Simple; even if we have abysmal numbers, we still have very active users and that's exactly what dev's should be looking for. Users have shown that if the product is good, it will receive its fair share of praise and love, but if the product is ****e compared to other platforms, then we will criticize it.

Users simply want a commitment and if they see that happening, they will reward it.. Our numbers might be small, but there is still money to make (which is what it's ultimately about) and as long as there is money to make, any dev with a decent IQ would be nuts to ignore our platform.. Those that are currently doing it, are simply doing it out of spite, loyalty to another platform or they don't believe WP will ever amount to anything
    03-04-2015 12:46 PM
    Clash of clans dev's stated that WP doesn't have the numbers they want and that out current users would not be enough to form a thriving community.... I call BS on that and any other dev that says this.. Why? Simple; even if we have abysmal numbers, we still have very active users and that's exactly what dev's should be looking for. Users have shown that if the product is good, it will receive its fair share of praise and love, but if the product is ****e compared to other platforms, then we will criticize it.

Users simply want a commitment and if they see that happening, they will reward it.. Our numbers might be small, but there is still money to make (which is what it's ultimately about) and as long as there is money to make, any dev with a decent IQ would be nuts to ignore our platform.. Those that are currently doing it, are simply doing it out of spite, loyalty to another platform or they don't believe WP will ever amount to anything
    Look at Blackberry. Just look at them. They had to get android apps. If windows 10 phones fail, we need android apps too. Its so annoying when your friend has an app or game you want but can't use.
    Michael Gabris1 and zokstar like this.
    03-04-2015 12:49 PM
    Yeah because Android Apps have totally saved Blackberry /s
    xandros9 likes this.
    03-04-2015 01:00 PM
    Look at Blackberry. Just look at them. They had to get android apps. If windows 10 phones fail, we need android apps too. Its so annoying when your friend has an app or game you want but can't use.
    Lol I'm not saying we should get android apps tho
    03-04-2015 01:02 PM
    please... no android on windows lol
    Michael Gabris1 and xandros9 like this.
    03-04-2015 02:43 PM
    Lol I'm not saying we should get android apps tho
    Then what should Microsoft do if windows 10 fails?
    03-04-2015 03:03 PM
    Then what should Microsoft do if windows 10 fails?
    Be persistent. Keep going, they kinda need something mobile of their own.
    03-04-2015 03:05 PM
    Problem is, the people behind making decisions at Snapchat are just anti-Microsoft. It doesn't matter if we exceed Apple's market share, they still won't budge because they are anti-Microsoft.

If you want snapchat, you'll either have to change platforms, or talk your friends into using an app that whose makers have better business sense.
    Why do you assume that an anti-Microsoft bias is at work? Why does anyone assume that? Why would Snapchat even have an anti-Microsoft bias? Not supporting WP because of its low share makes more sense than it being the result of some sort of bias. Just my take.
    03-04-2015 03:13 PM
    Why do you assume that an anti-Microsoft bias is at work? Why does anyone assume that? Why would Snapchat even have an anti-Microsoft bias? Not supporting WP because of its low share makes more sense than it being the result of some sort of bias. Just my take.
    smh. Probably because I've been following not just what goes on with that company but many tech companies in great detail. The behavior exhibited by those two kids speaks volumes about it. Microsoft just isn't "cool" enough for them, and that won't change in their eyes even if WP passes iOS in market share. Just research a bit with what happened with Pebble. Same kind of thing here.
    03-04-2015 03:57 PM
    smh. Probably because I've been following not just what goes on with that company but many tech companies in great detail. The behavior exhibited by those two kids speaks volumes about it. Microsoft just isn't "cool" enough for them, and that won't change in their eyes even if WP passes iOS in market share. Just research a bit with what happened with Pebble. Same kind of thing here.
    I think you and a lot of WP users have a sense of entitlement when it comes to things like this. Simply put: no developer has to build apps for WP if they don't want to. No accessory maker has to support WP if they don't want to. What I don't understand is, if these companies won't support WP users, why would WP users want to support them at all? As for the perception that MS is "old" or "out of touch," did that somehow come out of nowhere? Who do you think is responsible for that perception? It wasn't something that was forced upon them by outside influences. It's a perception they cultivated on their own.
    theefman and colinkiama like this.
    03-04-2015 05:55 PM
    I think you and a lot of WP users have a sense of entitlement when it comes to things like this. Simply put: no developer has to build apps for WP if they don't want to. No accessory maker has to support WP if they don't want to. What I don't understand is, if these companies won't support WP users, why would WP users want to support them at all? As for the perception that MS is "old" or "out of touch," did that somehow come out of nowhere? Who do you think is responsible for that perception? It wasn't something that was forced upon them by outside influences. It's a perception they cultivated on their own.
    Exactly, just look at blackberry and amazon, their phones don't have Snapchat either. We are not alone.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    03-04-2015 06:15 PM
    Exactly, just look at blackberry and amazon, their phones don't have Snapchat either. We are not alone.
    Thank you! If the lack of a Snapchat app or Pebble support were simply the result of some anti-Microsoft bias, wouldn't they be supporting every OS but Windows Phone? The platforms/OS's you named have one important thing in common with WP: low marketshare.
    colinkiama likes this.
    03-04-2015 06:29 PM
    I have no sense of entitlement. Just stating my opinion about those running these companies, and pointing out that no amount of feedback to these companies or increase in market share will make these companies give a rip about the WP platform. I don't say that as a sense of entitlement, but to get people to shut the ___ up about snapchat, because it just doesn't do any good to complain in this instance. I'm sick of seeing all the posts about it. How in the world could you have assumed that I of all people have a sense of entitlement, just because I mentioned they were anti-Microsoft?

I am not wanting SnapChat on the Windows platform at all. I DESPISE such apps, and if you read my posts in other SnapChat threads, you'll figure that out pretty quickly.

These are the kind of companies I wouldn't support even if I were on iPhone or Android, because I don't like their business practices. It's part of why I quit all Google services years before I got a Windows Phone.

All the apps that I need are already on Windows Phone. For most things, I prefer to use a browser on my Laptop if it's about a site online. I don't need an app for that.
    ven07 likes this.
    03-05-2015 09:01 AM
    To be honest I don't fuss around about the apps/games we're missing.. I do feel sad when I see an app/game on another platform that's light-years ahead of our own or if we don't have it at all, but it's not a deal breaker for me. However if my support can, in any way, help to bring them to our store then I will gladly help :)
    rhapdog likes this.
    03-05-2015 09:08 PM
    Itis a chicken and egg deal.... we all want better and more access to good apps, but we need to grow market share to attract those developers and companies and to get market share we need apps... so whether you like it or not, snapchat is a make or break app for tons of young people that may be interested in a cheap windows phone and would increase the market share. And if you like windows phone, that is a good thing
    colinkiama, wpn00b and ven07 like this.
    03-06-2015 11:50 AM
    Interesting article on another site today: Teen sex pic swap shop SnapChat seeks Saudi cash to keep selfies flowing ? The Register

It's not clear what they're seeking funding for, but maybe there's some big changes/expansion planned. Or for 500 million, they're building the Windows app to end all Windows apps.
    nikholaspappas likes this.
    03-10-2015 01:28 AM
    That is a crap tonne of money. Wonder what they want to do indeed
    03-16-2015 11:11 AM