App that counts your steps in real time?

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Never really played much with my phones sensor core and I've been testing it out with the Steps app.

I was wondering is there an app that tracks your steps in real time? Like show you how many steps your taking while your looking at the app?

Steps does not do this.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
You may try RunMaster Pedometer. The beta version worked with my L1020, with live step counting even under lock screen or background running, despite not having SensorCore. You may try the non-beta version though.

raker

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Steps are counted by motion data and these apps use to display it.

Health and Fitness
Fitbit
Run Rabbit Run
Runsatic Me

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have Lumia 830 with Lumia Denim update.
Recently I started using MSN Health and Fitness app to monitor my daily steps. Before Motion Data was updated from Version 1.0 to 2.0, there was option to stop/disable Motion Data. I found out that while I was riding in bus, Step Counter in MSN H&F app was increasing, so I use to disable Motion data while in vehicle. But now after Motion Data is upgraded, there is no option to disable it. So when I reach office I find that I have walked nearly 4000~5000 steps! So this incorrect data is completely messing up my health tracking activity.
This is not happening only with MSN H&F app, but Runtastic Me app also displays same Steps count data. So I guess its the issue with SensorCore which keeps on detecting steps incorrectly.
So I wanted to know is it possible to disable or stop Sensorcore for sometime.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I have Lumia 830 with Lumia Denim update.
Recently I started using MSN Health and Fitness app to monitor my daily steps. Before Motion Data was updated from Version 1.0 to 2.0, there was option to stop/disable Motion Data. I found out that while I was riding in bus, Step Counter in MSN H&F app was increasing, so I use to disable Motion data while in vehicle. But now after Motion Data is upgraded, there is no option to disable it. So when I reach office I find that I have walked nearly 4000~5000 steps! So this incorrect data is completely messing up my health tracking activity.
This is not happening only with MSN H&F app, but Runtastic Me app also displays same Steps count data. So I guess its the issue with SensorCore which keeps on detecting steps incorrectly.
So I wanted to know is it possible to disable or stop Sensorcore for sometime.

Same problem here. When I'm in my car, Health and Fitness says I'm walking.

Seems that between SensorCore and GPS it should be able to figure out I'm not walking. Not very refined software.

They'll update it one day, I suppose. But they could have gotten this right the first time

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Seems that between SensorCore and GPS it should be able to figure out I'm not walking. Not very refined software.

They'll update it one day, I suppose. But they could have gotten this right the first time

The developers of RunMaster Pedometer, in their BETA program, mentioned that their app differentiates actual steps made from random vibrations from vehicular traveling by using GPS information along with accelerometer data.

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

I tried by turning Location OFF, yet Steps counter continue to count steps while riding car. Though MS H&F app will not open until Location is turned ON.
I tried 3 apps and all show exact same steps counted, so I assume its SensoreCore which need to be fixed to make it able to differentiate between walking and driving.

Anybody has idea about iPhones and Android phones which have steps counter, do they also update steps counter while driving vehicles?

Stuperior

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Just thought I'd mention that mine is counting steps quite accurately, it doesn't count up when driving or on the train etc. So I do t think this is a general issue with sensor core.
But I cant think of what to suggest looking at as to why some of you are getting this problem!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett