Are we going to get Snapchat ever ?

Marquis de Faux

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
It would probably depend on the success of Windows 10. If Windows 10 for Phones gets a lot of adoption, they will have to make an app in order to meet consumer demand.
Otherwise, it doesn't look like they care at all about Windows Phone.

Last edited:

MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
It would probably depend on the success of Windows 10. If Windows 10 for Phones gets a lot of adoption, they will have to make an app.
Otherwise, it doesn't look like they care at all about Windows Phone.

Nobody HAS to make an app. I'm not sure why you, or anyone would think so.

Amir Khusro Hamid

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Man all my friends are in Snapchat, they did used to have the app: 6Snap right? What happened to that. There are some Apps i would love to have on my phone. It really frustrates me at times. And the same time im not willing to switch, cause i love live tiles and folders too much. When oh when! Will windows make their apps library formidably larger!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Man all my friends are in Snapchat, they did used to have the app: 6Snap right? What happened to that. There are some Apps i would love to have on my phone. It really frustrates me at times. And the same time im not willing to switch, cause i love live tiles and folders too much. When oh when! Will windows make their apps library formidably larger!
Its a chicken and egg situation.

And its not "windows" fault that the app isn't there. Talk to the devs

Marquis de Faux

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
No, they don't have to. If they don't want to develop an app for WP then they won't.

I am not saying they, "have" to as in it is mandatory, but if W10 for Phones gains significant market share then ignoring WP will be detrimental to business and no logical person would alienate a large percentage of the market.

Marquis de Faux

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Nobody HAS to make an app. I'm not sure why you, or anyone would think so.

I am not using "have to" as if it is mandatory, or they are forced to make an app.
They, "have to" make an app in the sense that if W10 for Phones gains significant market share then ignoring WP will be detrimental to business and no logical person would alienate a large percentage of the market just for the sake of hating on WP.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
6snap no longer works. When I last used it you could at least view your timeline stories without getting banned but I think even that has been patched. The developers of snapchat took aim at us and won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Like the others said, if W10 does well, our chances of getting snap chat back, in official form, will increase, but in no way will it guarantee it.

MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I am not using "have to" as if it is mandatory, or they are forced to make an app.
They, "have to" make an app in the sense that if W10 for Phones gains significant market share then ignoring WP will be detrimental to business and no logical person would alienate a large percentage of the market just for the sake of hating on WP.

Point taken, but where do you think that market share will come from? iOS users are thought to be the most loyal of any smartphone users and won't be easily turned, even if W10 has the same quality or quantity of apps as iOS. Android users tend to stay with it simply because no other platform offers as much customization or variety of hardware. Unless MS can gain a significant portion of switchers, or of the next wave of smartphone buyers, WP will be exactly where it is today--a distant third.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if one app can change the course of a OS? I remember when candy crush was on every trolls mind.

Sadly it can. When every teenager is using SnapChat every 10 seconds, that is a large market that will hate a Windows Phone because they're not in the crowd.

Rudy's twitter screen grab above is slightly interesting though. Sounds like there is some hidden news there.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I say find another outlet. S-chat developers don't have any interest or incentive to write for this platform at this time. Once they over spend on BS they like and need new blood, then we might see it here. Until then, I would look at things the platform is doing and forget about s-chat if you plan to remain in this ecosystem. It is less stressful, believe me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention