04-25-2015 07:00 AM
82 123 ...
tools
    Hey guys , can you tell me should I wait Windows to release Snapchat app till the end of the year or are we going to get the app at all ??
    03-29-2015 10:40 AM
    It would probably depend on the success of Windows 10. If Windows 10 for Phones gets a lot of adoption, they will have to make an app in order to meet consumer demand.
    Otherwise, it doesn't look like they care at all about Windows Phone.
    Last edited by Marquis de Faux; 03-29-2015 at 03:14 PM.
    03-29-2015 10:46 AM
    I wouldn't hold my breath.

AFAIK, nobody here really has a crystal ball.
    03-29-2015 11:20 AM
    If Windows 10 for Phones gets a lot of adoption, they will have to make an app.
    No, they don't have to. If they don't want to develop an app for WP then they won't.
    theefman and Jaredallister like this.
    03-29-2015 01:34 PM
    It would probably depend on the success of Windows 10. If Windows 10 for Phones gets a lot of adoption, they will have to make an app.
    Otherwise, it doesn't look like they care at all about Windows Phone.
    Nobody HAS to make an app. I'm not sure why you, or anyone would think so.
    03-29-2015 01:40 PM
    If you want/need snapchat... Go with android or ios. Chances are pretty slim for the next year.
    03-29-2015 02:03 PM
    I wouldn't hold my breath.

AFAIK, nobody here really has a crystal ball.
    I have a crystal...and a ball...*sees myself out*
    Kaze Poitier likes this.
    03-29-2015 02:07 PM
    Man all my friends are in Snapchat, they did used to have the app: 6Snap right? What happened to that. There are some Apps i would love to have on my phone. It really frustrates me at times. And the same time im not willing to switch, cause i love live tiles and folders too much. When oh when! Will windows make their apps library formidably larger!
    03-29-2015 02:26 PM

xandros9 likes this.
    03-29-2015 02:41 PM
    Man all my friends are in Snapchat, they did used to have the app: 6Snap right? What happened to that. There are some Apps i would love to have on my phone. It really frustrates me at times. And the same time im not willing to switch, cause i love live tiles and folders too much. When oh when! Will windows make their apps library formidably larger!
    Its a chicken and egg situation.

And its not "windows" fault that the app isn't there. Talk to the devs
    03-29-2015 02:42 PM
    No, they don't have to. If they don't want to develop an app for WP then they won't.
    I am not saying they, "have" to as in it is mandatory, but if W10 for Phones gains significant market share then ignoring WP will be detrimental to business and no logical person would alienate a large percentage of the market.
    03-29-2015 03:11 PM
    Nobody HAS to make an app. I'm not sure why you, or anyone would think so.
    I am not using "have to" as if it is mandatory, or they are forced to make an app.
    They, "have to" make an app in the sense that if W10 for Phones gains significant market share then ignoring WP will be detrimental to business and no logical person would alienate a large percentage of the market just for the sake of hating on WP.
    03-29-2015 03:13 PM
    6snap no longer works. When I last used it you could at least view your timeline stories without getting banned but I think even that has been patched. The developers of snapchat took aim at us and won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-29-2015 03:33 PM
    Like the others said, if W10 does well, our chances of getting snap chat back, in official form, will increase, but in no way will it guarantee it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-29-2015 03:39 PM
    I can chat on 6snap, add stories and watch stories. I can't view snaps or send them...
    xandros9 likes this.
    03-29-2015 04:04 PM
    I am not using "have to" as if it is mandatory, or they are forced to make an app.
    They, "have to" make an app in the sense that if W10 for Phones gains significant market share then ignoring WP will be detrimental to business and no logical person would alienate a large percentage of the market just for the sake of hating on WP.
    Point taken, but where do you think that market share will come from? iOS users are thought to be the most loyal of any smartphone users and won't be easily turned, even if W10 has the same quality or quantity of apps as iOS. Android users tend to stay with it simply because no other platform offers as much customization or variety of hardware. Unless MS can gain a significant portion of switchers, or of the next wave of smartphone buyers, WP will be exactly where it is today--a distant third.
    03-29-2015 05:13 PM
    I wonder if one app can change the course of a OS? I remember when candy crush was on every trolls mind.
    nohra likes this.
    03-29-2015 05:28 PM
    I wonder if one app can change the course of a OS? I remember when candy crush was on every trolls mind.
    Sadly it can. When every teenager is using SnapChat every 10 seconds, that is a large market that will hate a Windows Phone because they're not in the crowd.

Rudy's twitter screen grab above is slightly interesting though. Sounds like there is some hidden news there.
    03-30-2015 07:46 AM
    I say find another outlet. S-chat developers don't have any interest or incentive to write for this platform at this time. Once they over spend on BS they like and need new blood, then we might see it here. Until then, I would look at things the platform is doing and forget about s-chat if you plan to remain in this ecosystem. It is less stressful, believe me.
    RumoredNow and anon(8150199) like this.
    03-30-2015 08:14 AM
    I'd dump this crap out in an instant if I use it, regardless of how many people I know who use it.
    nohra and RumoredNow like this.
    03-30-2015 08:44 AM
    Personally, I simply do not get the appeal of this app. Why is it such a big deal?
    oviedofreak82 likes this.
    03-30-2015 10:11 AM
    Man all my friends are in Snapchat, they did used to have the app: 6Snap right? What happened to that.
    6Snap relied on an API that is provided by Snapchat for third-party vendors to use. However, due to security issues regarding the API which lead to a massive security breach, they pulled it out and told all those using third party apps to stop using it, instead, they told them to use the official app. Rudy received an email from Snapchat to shut down his app when he continued to support it... So yeah. That's what happened to 6Snap
    03-30-2015 10:24 AM
    There are other disappearing message apps, such as Telegram, BBM.
    But You are not the cool kid if you don't have Snapchat.
    Kaloqn Rangelov likes this.
    03-30-2015 12:12 PM
    Evan Spiegel (Snapchat CEO) is a level 149 *********. He doesn't give a f*** about WP. He even seems to hate Microsoft, because for him it's an "uncool" company...

With a CEO like that, I doubt we will ever get Snapchat. Except if Facebook buys them, because yeah, Mark Zuckerberg is a minimum mature... He knows the responsibilities of being CEO, and that you can't act like a 12 year old (even though some 12 year olds are surely more mature than Spiegel).

Anyway, I bet you anything that in two years time, everyone will have forgotten about Snapchat. We've missed that train, let's just not try and miss any other big ones...
    03-30-2015 12:40 PM
    Give it 20 years, then still no. Maybe we'll get back Bank of America before then.
    theefman likes this.
    03-30-2015 03:25 PM
82 123 ...