Will I get a missed call or text notification when I use Quiet Hours?

Dr Sammy

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Quiet Hours

I want to use Quiet Hours, I wanna know whether I will get the missed call or text notification after I disable Quiet hours after a night's sleep?

I understand that calls are blocked and phone remains silent during the entire set duration. But, can we get to know what we missed in those hours?

zandos

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Quiet Hours

I want to use Quiet Hours, I wanna know whether I will get the missed call or text notification after I disable Quiet hours after a night's sleep?

I understand that calls are blocked and phone remains silent during the entire set duration. But, can we get to know what we missed in those hours?
yes you can.... All notifications are there (live tiles, notification center etc) but the phone does not bother you in any way. Just unlock the screen and see if there is any unread notification. Simple as that!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

You will still see the calls you missed :) Cortana will provide a notification and as far as I can tell, it has never missed to notify me of a call that came through during QH..

I activated the "calls back twice within one minute" (or sth like that; don't have my phone at hand), because if a call is urgent, the person will most likely call twice before giving up

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Dr Sammy,

You will grow to LOVE Quiet Hours. It is one of the coolest Automagical features to come along in years. As others said, you get your notifications. They are not delayed even, they just are... shhhhhh... not even quiet, but Silent.

Look into having Quiet Hours activate during calendar events marked busy. I use it ALL the time, Fantastic. And Inner Circle breaks through. Essential, because no matter what, some people are a priority. That's just life.

I find Quiet Hours well thought out and executed. It has become essential for me. A must have feature, like Glance.

Dr Sammy

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

Thanks Guys, Quiet hours is superb, really QUIET, No vibrations too.
I set it up for my sleep timings in the night, but to get it automatically started we have to swtich location to ON right?
I dont understand its association with Location and Cortana.

Dr Sammy

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

Thanks Ven, I read that article before, I'm just wondering why MS doesnt make Quiet Hours work without Cortana or Location On,
I'm asking about the technical aspect, may be the team is working on that.
It works well, I'm happy with it.

Thanks for the article :)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Yes I understand.. The truth is not many of us know why lol I figure Cortana is the main thread and inner circle/QH are subsections. One needs the other to survive (for now)

quiet-hours-cortana.jpg

Dr Sammy

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

Got a thing to ask, at the same time I feel its a complex one.
I liked ''Sleep'' app from Windows store few months ago by Blake Haas, I'm currently not using it. I want to use that app or some other app related to sleep, but is there any way I can make a particular app work even in Quiet Hours mode, I know the purpose of QH is to make everything silent.
I primarily want my calls and texts to go Quiet with Sleep app working on, is this possible?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

QH only keeps things like calls and incoming texts/whatsapp/line/viber messages, silent. Otherwise the phone is very much active...

If you were using flight mode then the phone would be (essentially) turned off (except for if you kept wifi on, but that would only give you messages from apps like whatsapp).

So the benefit of QH is that the phone stays on; calls text messaging and whatsapp messages still come through, but you wont get a sound alert

Edit: the sleep app which provides sounds, will work even if QH is on (if not, give me a haeds up and I'll test it out tonight)

Dr Sammy

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

Thanks buddy. Its working perfectly. I can make my calls, text, notifications quiet and run sleep app with all the sounds in it, thats great.
Quiet Hours is turning out to be a great feature.
I ENABLED Breakthrough, this is great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99