Why do I get the error 80073cf9 while installing apps?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

error 80073cf9 while installing apps

I always get an error 80073cf9 or 80073cf0 while installing apps like whatsapp etc (mainly the apps which access location) . The app downloads but doesn't install!. Tried every method ,from soft reset to hard reset . Can someone help me out !!
Device -Lumia 730, Region - India , OS- windows 10 !!

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: error 80073cf9 while installing apps

I always get an error 80073cf9 or 80073cf0 while installing apps like whatsapp etc (mainly the apps which access location) . The app downloads but doesn't install!. Tried every method ,from soft reset to hard reset . Can someone help me out !!
Device -Lumia 730, Region - India , OS- windows 10 !!

This is copied verbatim from the MS community website. It is for the first error code you listed. Also, you can simply Google search the error codes to get many answers..

The first thing I have seen to resolve this issue is to check your regional settings. You can do this by going to settings > region. If you have made any changes to this since you got the phone, try changing this back to the original setting you had used. Once you have done this, go to the active downloads and stop any that are stuck or pending and then try again.
If the issue continues the next thing to do is go to settings > location. Here I would like you to start by setting this to ON and then trying the updates again. Make sure to allow location services when prompted during the application update. If you continue to get this error, try turning this OFF and then trying again.
Next, I would like you to go to settings > storage sense. If you have a SD card in the phone, please check to see what you have set for "store new apps on my". If this is set to SD card, please change this to phone and try again. If this allows you to complete the update/install, you can they attempt to move the application to the SD card after this completes.
The final thing I will suggest at this time is to do a soft reset of the phone. You can do this by going to settings > storage sense > phone > temporary files > delete > Internet Explorer settings > delete history. Once this is done, press and hold the down volume button + the power button until the phone vibrates and reboots.

​good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea