07-11-2015 10:04 PM
89 1234
tools
    There sure is a lot of coffee loving in this, glad I don't drink that stuff :P I can already imagine a world without coffee... Complete anarchy haha.
    06-23-2015 10:36 AM
    Well,I'm from New Orleans so great coffee is everywhere in neighborhood shops. I live in San Diego now and there are so many neighborhood coffee shops that make better coffee than Starbucks. Some that even roast their beans on site. Starbucks bought Seattle's Best to kill off the competition but they refuse to sell a similar brew which was excellent. Even the baristas don't get that one?
    06-23-2015 12:05 PM
    Just say NO to Starbucks coffee. Seems they won't use the money to build a Windows Phone app anyway. Drink Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf.
    06-23-2015 12:17 PM
    There actually is an Official Starbucks App for Windows Phone....

Starbucks | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

.... In Mexico...
    In Mexico Starbucks is a franchise which means they only use the Starbucks name and branding, that's the reason why they have an app but the rest of the world doesn't.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-23-2015 12:53 PM
    Blasphemy!

And drip coffee is not real coffee

There shouldn't be a grande size and it needs to have nice thick crema on top mmmmm.
    OFF with his head!!!
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    06-23-2015 01:26 PM
    It's always a bad thing when somebody tries to change the 'Murkan language.

Words they use: Tall, Grande, Venti, Barista.
    Perfectly good 'Murkan words: Small, Medium, Large, Wait Staff.

Don't get me started on how they are labeling the smallest drink on the menu "Tall" - that's just un-natural. Yee-haw!
    tgp, Laura Knotek and tuxedo323 like this.
    06-23-2015 01:45 PM
    Man if you think that burnt crap at Starbucks is good coffee you have bigger issues.
    Avoid Pike Place if you don't like the burnt taste.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    Guytronic likes this.
    06-23-2015 02:09 PM
    Well,I'm from New Orleans so great coffee is everywhere in neighborhood shops. I live in San Diego now and there are so many neighborhood coffee shops that make better coffee than Starbucks. Some that even roast their beans on site. Starbucks bought Seattle's Best to kill off the competition but they refuse to sell a similar brew which was excellent. Even the baristas don't get that one?
    I remember when Borders sold Seattle's Best. I used to go to Borders for the coffee, not the books. I couldn't use Borders WiFi though. WiFi at Borders was only for T-Mobile customers.

Guytronic and Al4video like this.
    06-23-2015 02:12 PM
    Didn't Starbucks get their global start when they hooked up with United Airlines and served their coffee at the United gates and on the flights?

I remember flying in and out of Seattle a number of times and noticing the Starbucks name all over the airport there.
    Thought the coffee was too strong at first then I got used to it and still guzzling today...
    ...I'm drinking a cup right now as a matter of fact.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-23-2015 02:21 PM
    Didn't Starbucks get their global start when they hooked up with United Airlines and served their coffee at the United gates and on the flights?

I remember flying in and out of Seattle a number of times and noticing the Starbucks name all over the airport there.
    Thought the coffee was too strong at first then I got used to it and still guzzling today...
    ...I'm drinking a cup right now as a matter of fact.
    I think that might be the case. A friend of mine went to the original Starbucks in the early 80s when he was in Seattle during his time in the Navy.

Guytronic likes this.
    06-23-2015 02:25 PM
    There's a wonderful Starbucks app in the store but I'm afraid of mentioning it or else Starbucks will shut it down too like they shut down Starbux.

They've been making a lot of improvements and it's really polished now both in appearance and functionality. Hint: think about how you can rearrange the Starbucks name.
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    06-23-2015 02:59 PM
    There's a wonderful Starbucks app in the store but I'm afraid of mentioning it or else Starbucks will shut it down too like they shut down Starbux.

They've been making a lot of improvements and it's really polished now both in appearance and functionality. Hint: think about how you can rearrange the Starbucks name.
    I'm thinking BuckStars. Do I win?
    06-23-2015 03:29 PM
    If you still think Starbucks is the best coffee, well, we'll just agree to disagree.
    Spot-on! Starbucks is the MacDonalds of coffee. Your small local roaster has much better coffee.
    Laura Knotek, Al4video and rhapdog like this.
    06-23-2015 03:30 PM
    If you consider a 3% drop in profits a tumble. WP users are in no position to strong-arm any company by threatening a boycott. Remember the axiom regarding bees and honey as opposed to vinegar.
    So. . . . if the devices I use do not occupy the top rungs of the market, I can go fly off so far as Starbucks is concerned? I have to act like a sap and keep my mouth shut? The dollars I peel from my roll are the same as any other customers. The virtual dollars that would peel off my Starbucks cards and enabled devices would be just as good as any other. I expect Starbucks makes something from me every time I walk through the doors. I don't expect them to scan me for optimal consumer demographics before they will treat me with courtesy.

I get the economics and I get corporate mentality, but I don't get, no matter how often its been force-given to me, the idea that by virtue of the products I buy I attain some elevated status. At least not as a general matter. Even if I were an Apple acolyte, I would reject the idea that as a solitary consumer, I am undeserving of consideration unless I can line up 100,000,000 more behind me. The customer is always right! Even Windows Mobile customers!
    06-23-2015 05:00 PM
    So whatever happened to SBUX Card? I used to use it on my Lumia 521 but I see it's not in the app store anymore and is now listed under the "not available for this phone" section of MY APPS on my Lumia 640. Is Buckstar just as good/better?

Well I installed it, as the others don't seem to show a balance. I guess this serves as a nice replacement for SBUX :)
    Last edited by rgv521; 06-23-2015 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Installed App
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-23-2015 05:12 PM
    As someone who has frequented SB everyday for at least 17 years I can tell you that's the proper way to roast beans...:)
    As someone who roasted beans for a number of years I can tell you that it's not the way. You like many others have acquired a taste over time for burnt tasting coffee.

Starbucks to Sell a New Coffee That Doesn't Taste Burnt | The Stir
    06-23-2015 06:20 PM
    So. . . . if the devices I use do not occupy the top rungs of the market, I can go fly off so far as Starbucks is concerned? I have to act like a sap and keep my mouth shut? The dollars I peel from my roll are the same as any other customers. The virtual dollars that would peel off my Starbucks cards and enabled devices would be just as good as any other.
    OTOH, Starbucks is providing an app. You are responsible for setting yourself up as unable to use it. Just another way of looking at it.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-23-2015 07:03 PM
    I've been looking into roasting my own coffee beans. Interestingly enough, the only smart roaster I've found only works with Windows desktop (not iOS, Android, MacOS, or WP). That's fine with me though.
    Starbucks is among the worst coffee. I don't understand the appeal. Many gas stations have better quality coffee than Starbucks does and the price is significantly less. There is a local coffee chain here in Pittsburgh called Crazy Mocha that I like quite a lot better, and many independent coffee shops as well. As for McDonald's, I refuse to go there for anything other than to use the restroom. Their food quality is subpar, and while their coffee might taste better than Starbucks (I refuse to try it so I don't know), they don't even properly clean their coffee machines; their employees tend not to be very hygienic.
    As for the Starbucks app, I think they are just temporarily holding off until Windows 10. The e-mail the OP posted does not say 'never', after all. Although I'll never need the app, I hope they do at least port the iOS or Android app to Windows 10 to appease those who are requesting it. It appears to be very simple to do and if they can publish it in the Amazon store, they can in the Windows store too. I don't think Starbucks has any grudge against Microsoft or Windows like Snapchat does; it's just a business decision they made to maximize their profits on the horrible coffee they overcharge for.
    Al4video and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-23-2015 07:05 PM
    Any app that was found by searching for "Starbucks" was removed from the store, apparently by Starbucks. It's why the lone good app doesn't reference Starbucks in its description at all. However, a bunch of people started putting "Starbucks" in the user reviews for the app so now that app shows when you search for Starbucks. Kind of unfortunate if this app gets pulled because of user reviews.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-23-2015 09:33 PM
    Any app that was found by searching for "Starbucks" was removed from the store, apparently by Starbucks. It's why the lone good app doesn't reference Starbucks in its description at all. However, a bunch of people started putting "Starbucks" in the user reviews for the app so now that app shows when you search for Starbucks. Kind of unfortunate if this app gets pulled because of user reviews.
    Well if an App uses their Logo or Company Name directly, I guess it's understandable.
    06-23-2015 09:45 PM
    I get the economics and I get corporate mentality, but I don't get, no matter how often its been force-given to me, the idea that by virtue of the products I buy I attain some elevated status.
    It's not about elevated status, it's about numbers. Pure and simple. My point is that we, as WP users, got into this ecosystem knowing full well that apps were a serious issue as compared to iOS and Android. The situation has not changed in 5 years and telling Starbuck's or any other corporate entity that we're not supporting their business because they won't make an app for WP is akin to telling VW we demand Porsche engines in our Jettas.

I come from webOS and BlackBerry, I know the pain of having to deal without apps. I knew it going in and understood there would be features I'd have to live without. Having said that, I could care less about Starbuck's as long as I have a steady stream of Dunkin Donuts (they have an app that I've never used) and Trader Joe's coming in.
    Guytronic, tgp and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-23-2015 09:46 PM
    Since this here thread has changed lanes anyway :)
    And speaking about burnt coffee...as a former gov't worker running a coffee fund for 10 years or so I used to buy the Folgers high yield ground coffee.
    We used to make around 3-400 cups a day and run out often.

It smelled like diesel fuel.
    Tasted like hydraulic fluid.
    Always had an oil slick on top in the pot.
    Guys would dump whiskey in it to make it drinkable
    It would raise eyebrows on the toughest commando on board!

Only 2 bucks a month for the privilege!

Those were the days...my gut still aches thinking about that stuff.
    xandros9, fatclue_98, tgp and 3 others like this.
    06-23-2015 09:54 PM
    Whatever happened to the idea of universal web apps? Many of these type of apps are really nothing more than a glorified web app in functionality. The only thing the Starbucks mobile website is missing when you log is the barcode.
    06-23-2015 10:11 PM
    As someone who roasted beans for a number of years I can tell you that it's not the way. You like many others have acquired a taste over time for burnt tasting coffee.

Starbucks to Sell a New Coffee That Doesn't Taste Burnt | The Stir
    Old news..Blonde blend is for people that think Dunkin Donuts and McD coffee is good coffee....A capitulation to bring in new customers.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    06-23-2015 10:22 PM
    Peet's of Berkeley CA has better coffee ( that's where the 3 founders got the idea -they went to CAL Berkeley ) and bought Peet's and had it sent to Seattle in the first year or so. Who needs a coffee app anyway.
    jefbeard911 and Al4video like this.
    06-23-2015 10:46 PM
89 1234