Why there is no official Facebook app on windows phone?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I would just like to end this thread by saying, Facebook is one of the apps that need to be ported from android and iOS using the new tools with Windows 10. The Facebook experience on WP is lacking compared to the others.

Yeah it's a shame that the biggest app on WP is so much worse than on the competing platforms. Gives people a really bad impression of WP right off the bat...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Singhonline

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah it's a shame that the biggest app on WP is so much worse than on the competing platforms. Gives people a really bad impression of WP right off the bat...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
Most of the people use smartphone only for facebook,WhatsApp and camera.

kdsmith10000

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Is there a good 3rd party Facebook app? Twitter has Tweetium and Instagram has 6tag but I can't find anything better than the MS version which sucks because the MS version seems to need some updating badly.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Is there a good 3rd party Facebook app? Twitter has Tweetium and Instagram has 6tag but I can't find anything better than the MS version which sucks because the MS version seems to need some updating badly.

Facebook has so much functionality that I think it's virtually impossible to make a good third party app. The only one's I've seen in the store are web wrappers. Fortunately the FB mobile website is excellent at least.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Facebook has so much functionality that I think it's virtually impossible to make a good third party app. The only one's I've seen in the store are web wrappers. Fortunately the FB mobile website is excellent at least.

No its horrible! Literally went to see if post I received from the app are on same time as people hub and nope! On peoples hub first post was from ..late last night then so on and so on! Facebook app first post was a post fro 2 days ago the from yesterday afternoon then next one from last night then one from 3 days ago .....literally in that order. And yes its set to recent post!

bdchambers79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
No its horrible! Literally went to see if post I received from the app are on same time as people hub and nope! On peoples hub first post was from ..late last night then so on and so on! Facebook app first post was a post fro 2 days ago the from yesterday afternoon then next one from last night then one from 3 days ago .....literally in that order. And yes its set to recent post!
Facebook reorders the posts, sometimes between your visits. This is a constant source of frustration for those of us who don't like missing posts from close friends.

And none of the options on their site allow you to fix it, no matter what the options say.

Big Papa Smurf

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Most of the people use smartphone only for facebook,WhatsApp and camera.

I use it for things like... Phone calls and texts. I play games. I use the search a lot. I use the calendar. This old technology called email ( we use it for things like work). I only have 2 phone numbers memorized. But I guess I can just get a flip phone and carry around a note pad. If all you use a smartphone for is the camera and a couple apps, then you are missing a lot of potential for the device...

In fact, I don't have WhatsApp.. Or a snap chat... Or twittr. Not because I'm "old", but because I have no use for them. I have very recently been considering deleting my facebook just because its a time waster anymore.

$.02

Queen Kong1

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes its pretty bad , considering its prob the no 1 App......I gather it will be ported from Android soon with 10?. I bet their sales (handsets) would go up if it was fixed

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Let's hope Facebook does the right thing and releases a Universal app for Windows 10. If there is ONE single app that really needs this and where it makes sense, it's Facebook.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05