Why there is no official Facebook app on windows phone?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I would just like to end this thread by saying, Facebook is one of the apps that need to be ported from android and iOS using the new tools with Windows 10. The Facebook experience on WP is lacking compared to the others.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I would just like to end this thread by saying, Facebook is one of the apps that need to be ported from android and iOS using the new tools with Windows 10. The Facebook experience on WP is lacking compared to the others.

Maybe you should tell us all what the Facebook app is lacking because as far as I can tell it has ALL the same features of the Android and iOS versions?

mesamit

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you should tell us all what the Facebook app is lacking because as far as I can tell it has ALL the same features of the Android and iOS versions?

i would like to list out some issues:
1. Not available to reply to a particular comment.
2. Click on birthday notification takes to blank event page
3. Image uploaded from facebook app in groups is not visible to other members of group
4. Notification are not reliable

flackberry

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
The WP Facebook is missing one important feature the is a show stopper for me. Share a post from your feed on a page you manage. I manage a few facebook pages and regularly share posts from my personal face feed. It works on the Android and IOS facebook apps no problem. I can't figure out how to do this with the WP app. I've even tried using touch.facebook.com from the browser. No go.

Any ideas?

I love the WP OS and hardware but honestly the lack of app features is what will get me to go back to android. For no reason other than that because I really dislike the Android touchwiz on my Note 4.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
The WP Facebook is missing one important feature the is a show stopper for me. Share a post from your feed on a page you manage. I manage a few facebook pages and regularly share posts from my personal face feed. It works on the Android and IOS facebook apps no problem. I can't figure out how to do this with the WP app. I've even tried using touch.facebook.com from the browser. No go.

Any ideas?

I love the WP OS and hardware but honestly the lack of app features is what will get me to go back to android. For no reason other than that because I really dislike the Android touchwiz on my Note 4.

Try an app called facebook manager.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
i would like to list out some issues:
1. Not available to reply to a particular comment.
2. Click on birthday notification takes to blank event page
3. Image uploaded from facebook app in groups is not visible to other members of group
4. Notification are not reliable

And you also have the fact that..
5) There is no people you may know suggestions
6) No option to subscribe to a post to get notifications on it
7) Can't stay in the app to see content from other websites.
8) Cannot play video from within the app.
9) No HD option for video because of the reason above.
10) Still no status options like choosing your mood.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Tbh, Microsoft shouldn't be developing the app anymore. Twitter can access the people hub too. Why aren't Microsoft giving the tools to Facebook instead. If they did thin the beginning, we wouldn't be missing out on features such as Facebook trends, news articles, apps linking to the Facebook app for game invites, searching for topics, smart search (search for people by city, address, place of work etc). At least we managed to get picture comments (in late 2014). With Windows 10, the APIs give all the developers the same tools Microsoft are allowed to use which means access to parts of the OS like the people hub, phone, calendar, Cortana interests, Xbox, accounts, emails etc. Just look at the ratings and reviews in the store. Microsoft shouldn't develop the app anymore. Facebook should.

What makes you think Facebook would be better at developing the App? Microsoft is investing in having a good App and they understand the OS better. Just look at Instagram or Vine or Snapchat...

Let's not ruin Facebook. Lol. Keep doing what your doing MS.

Also, FB has a 3 star rating on Android and iOS, as well. Same as WP.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah there smoking to many joints cause its a horrible app ! Out dated posts from either yesterday or hours ago..

You can find this complaint on every single platform. If you can't, you're not trying hard at all.

Also, every official FB App defaults to Top Stories, not most recent, which is probably your real issue.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
You can find this complaint on every single platform. If you can't, you're not trying hard at all.

Also, every official FB App defaults to Top Stories, not most recent, which is probably your real issue.

Yeah... Its called News Feed. If want recent posts, you have to actively select it.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
It is set to most recent but still getting random timed post

Are they "liked" posts? Cause they only show when they were originally posted, not when they were liked.

Well, assuming the App is like the Android App...

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Are they "liked" posts? Cause they only show when they were originally posted, not when they were liked.

Well, assuming the App is like the Android App...

I'm sure they were liked..i guess but my issue is...everytime get on facebook thru the app, posts are from al time even from yesterday! When I hold down to refresh post ,I get Radom posts from, 8 hrs ago,yesterday,than 4hrs ago etc. Its so annoying there must either be another setting im missing or hopefully another facebook app I'm not sure. People hub seems spot on!

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure they were liked..i guess but my issue is...everytime get on facebook thru the app, posts are from al time even from yesterday! When I hold down to refresh post ,I get Radom posts from, 8 hrs ago,yesterday,than 4hrs ago etc. Its so annoying there must either be another setting im missing or hopefully another facebook app I'm not sure. People hub seems spot on!

Well, it defaults back to Top Stories every time the App is fully closed. It's a Facebook thing, not a Windows thing. All platforms do that, unfortunately.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99