What is the deal with the lack of apps?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

what is the deal with the lack of apps

I killed my iphone 5s, and didnt want to shell out 600+ bones for a new iphone, so i bought a microsoft lumia 735 for a couple hundred bucks instead, The phone its self seems to be alright and i like a lot of things about it, i could do with out the live tiles they more annoying then anything else anywho, the big gripe i have with this phone is the lack of apps, big company apps like, Garmin Connect, or even my banking. theres a lot of everyday life apps that are not available on microsoft, they are available for iphone and android.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: what is the deal with the lack of apps

I killed my iphone 5s, and didnt want to shell out 600+ bones for a new iphone, so i bought a microsoft lumia 735 for a couple hundred bucks instead, The phone its self seems to be alright and i like a lot of things about it, i could do with out the live tiles they more annoying then anything else anywho, the big gripe i have with this phone is the lack of apps, big company apps like, Garmin Connect, or even my banking. theres a lot of everyday life apps that are not available on microsoft, they are available for iphone and android.

OP a few observations, questions for you.
1. Did you do your research before plunking down cash for the 735?
2. What specific apps are you lacking? If you give us a list, the community members would be more than happy to help you.
3. WP does lack apps compared to iOS/Android. However, if the company has a very good mobile web page, you can just pin their page on the front screen and for all intents and purposes, it will work like an app. I do that for my Credit Union which does not have an app but the mobile website is stellar and I can pretty much get everything done from the front screen of my phone.

Let us know what your specific needs are and we can help minimize the impact of switching from iOS to WP.
Good luck.

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I hate to inform you, but you've asked the wrong question here, howbeit, very unclear and not-very-well articulated. Windows Central is the home of die-hard Windows fans (compare to MacRumors etc), so expect standard responses like "you should have researched before buying" or "there are third party apps that are better" or "the app gap is closed and doesn't exist anymore" or "you can always use a mobile website".

That said, I do own a Lumia 1520 and remain very interested in Microsoft's progress with Windows 10. However, my daily driver is either my iPhone 6+ or Nexus 6.

A little off-course, but MS seems to have removed the date apps were last updated in the new store. Perhaps they think doing that will make everyone forget that apps like Instagram Beta haven't been updated in over a year?

Last edited:

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: what is the deal with the lack of apps

How's Instagram not being updated Microsoft's fault?
I don't believe I in any way said that it was Microsoft's fault. All I did was point out that Microsoft is cognizant of the fact that there is indeed an app gap. They're the only platform so far that thinks it's necessary to hide when last an app was updated, in my humble opinion, that is.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99