Unable to login with Buckstar

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
For the last two days I have been unable to use Buckstar as it will popup a message saying it is unable to login. At first I thought it was maybe a temporary problem but now I am wondering if Starbucks has changed something. Has anyone else had problems signing in? I even reinstalled the app but it still won't login.

ealexand#CB

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
just happened to me too. Ugh. Starbucks keeps swatting down the WP apps. This is the 3rd one I've had in as many years. I can only hope there's an official app coming w/ Win10. Hell, there's one for the Band!

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I figured as much. This is why I always carry my physical card with me as well. So who developed the Band app, Starbucks or Microsoft again?

I can't imagine Starbucks will have any more incentive to produce one for Windows 10 mobile either since it only makes sense on the phone, and therefore the market share will be the same.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
This article just answered my question about the Microsoft band:

Third-party Starbucks app Buckstar drops reward card support amid security changes | Windows Central

"Starbucks is evidently very protective of their user data ? as they should ? and previously have had apps pulled that authenticate against their API without their consent"

So why can they not allow at least a trusted company like Microsoft to connect to the API with their own app? Or is it that Microsoft is not interested in doing that either, since it seems the Band is merely a bar code image with no actual connectivity to Starbucks. I guess if you already wear the Band, it would be slightly better than also having to carry the card, but that's the only advantage..

"Like any other rewards card, users can still generate a barcode to be scanned at Starbucks to redeem points or their balance. Even the Microsoft Band does this by generating a simple code through the Microsoft Health companion app. However, to our knowledge, what is on the Band is all Microsoft's initiative, and it has nothing to do with Starbucks giving consent or cooperating."

I guess I could just generate the barcode and store it as an image on the phone lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss