How do you manage app permissions? A friend recently told me that they dont download apps because lots of them collect info that has nothing to do with the app and helping the app to function properly.

The only permission 90% of the apps Ive installed ask for is location data but right under that most have this disclaimer. By installing you agree to the Terms of Use and other terms Im guessing thats where all the real data collecting terms and conditions are.

What apps do you stay away from?
    07-20-2015 07:50 PM
    I think permissions most likely depend on the app. I don't really have any apps that I stay away from, I either install them or I don't. Also for every app, I'm sure that there's an app "permissions" line at the end of the app description. From there, you can see what permissions are needed before installing.
    07-20-2015 08:45 PM
    Honestly, I don't think it matters what permissions you allow. Being an experienced programmer and now a systems and network administrator, I know that if your device is connected to any network, those who want your data are going to get it whether they have an app to help them out not.

Also, sorry to say, but most of us really aren't special enough for anybody to want our data. If anybody were to steal mine from either my phone or pc, they would probably get really bored looking through it.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-20-2015 08:53 PM
    Also, sorry to say, but most of us really aren't special enough for anybody to want our data. If anybody were to steal mine from either my phone or pc, they would probably get really bored looking through it.
    Yeah, I'm with you on that I'd likely be sued to try and recover the time wasted looking through my data LOL.
    Mattman86 likes this.
    07-20-2015 10:42 PM