Messenger "Waiting for network"

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I've been looking for a fix for Facebook Messenger. I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling and it picks up my data connection for a while and then goes to "Waiting for network". It will work over Wi-Fi but won't hold a data connection.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Is your data connection stable? Could you use Microsoft's Network Speed Test app and test your data connection for stability and bandwidth?

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking for a fix for Facebook Messenger. I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling and it picks up my data connection for a while and then goes to "Waiting for network". It will work over Wi-Fi but won't hold a data connection.

Try using Facebook Messenger from other platforms and see if they are connecting fine? If they are, means the WP version sucks big time.

PlaymoBg

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem and it really ruins my experience with the phone.
Any news if this is going to be fixed or how to fix it?

Mine is not LTE so I can choose only 3g

PlaymoBg

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I did some more playing with the program last day. The strangest thing is that sometimes I receive notification about a new message, in the notification bar I can read it, but when I unlock the phone and open the program it says waiting for network and the chat wont update.

I doubt it is the network, because I can see my messages, just the program wont update. It happens randomly, because most of the time I sit on a desk and don't move around.

Piachu

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you have a triangle icon next to your sygnal strength? That means you're on roaming and by default roaming data transfer is disabled in settings

PlaymoBg

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Maybe you have a triangle icon next to your sygnal strength? That means you're on roaming and by default roaming data transfer is disabled in settings

There is no triangle next to the signal icon. It just randomly gets "Waiting for network" and the main chat program window wont update. While I can see the new incoming messages in the notification bar.

PlaymoBg

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Does closing the app (hold back, swipe Messenger down) and restarting it help?

Some times it does help, some times if I click on the notification from the notification bar, program updates faster. If I just wait for some time eventualy I get all the messages updated, but it takes some random amount of time

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss