I've been looking for a fix for Facebook Messenger. I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling and it picks up my data connection for a while and then goes to "Waiting for network". It will work over Wi-Fi but won't hold a data connection.
    07-21-2015 02:20 PM
    Is your data connection stable? Could you use Microsoft's Network Speed Test app and test your data connection for stability and bandwidth?
    07-22-2015 10:07 AM
    I've been looking for a fix for Facebook Messenger. I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling and it picks up my data connection for a while and then goes to "Waiting for network". It will work over Wi-Fi but won't hold a data connection.
    Try using Facebook Messenger from other platforms and see if they are connecting fine? If they are, means the WP version sucks big time.
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-22-2015 10:19 PM
    Try changing your data settings to max at 4G speeds. Works for me.

Go to Settings -> Cellular + SIM -> Highest connection speed to LTE
    gpobernardo likes this.
    07-23-2015 07:58 AM
    I have the same problem and it really ruins my experience with the phone.
    Any news if this is going to be fixed or how to fix it?

Mine is not LTE so I can choose only 3g
    08-31-2015 07:47 AM
    I did some more playing with the program last day. The strangest thing is that sometimes I receive notification about a new message, in the notification bar I can read it, but when I unlock the phone and open the program it says waiting for network and the chat wont update.

I doubt it is the network, because I can see my messages, just the program wont update. It happens randomly, because most of the time I sit on a desk and don't move around.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    09-03-2015 02:52 AM
    Maybe you have a triangle icon next to your sygnal strength? That means you're on roaming and by default roaming data transfer is disabled in settings
    09-11-2015 05:14 AM
    Maybe you have a triangle icon next to your sygnal strength? That means you're on roaming and by default roaming data transfer is disabled in settings
    There is no triangle next to the signal icon. It just randomly gets "Waiting for network" and the main chat program window wont update. While I can see the new incoming messages in the notification bar.
    09-11-2015 06:47 AM
    Does closing the app (hold back, swipe Messenger down) and restarting it help?
    09-11-2015 09:03 AM
    Does closing the app (hold back, swipe Messenger down) and restarting it help?
    Some times it does help, some times if I click on the notification from the notification bar, program updates faster. If I just wait for some time eventualy I get all the messages updated, but it takes some random amount of time
    09-12-2015 12:50 AM
    Same guess universal app will fix all this stuff..
    09-13-2015 04:12 AM
    Try changing your data settings to max at 4G speeds. Works for me.

Go to Settings -> Cellular + SIM -> Highest connection speed to LTE
    Thanks, worked for me. I mean, I already had cellular data set to 4G, but I changed it to 3G and back again and it seems to do the trick.
    02-04-2016 02:31 PM
    I am facing the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S4. If anyone found a solution then please share with me. Thanks
    08-08-2016 07:18 AM