Anyone using HUD apps (Navier)? Any film recommendations?

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Recently on vacation I had some time to kill and browsed for interesting apps in the store. I found the Navier HUD app and promptly installed it. It's a Heads Up Display app for Windows Phone that includes navigation - it seems to tie into HERE+ Navigation and the default Maps from the Maps app including whatever downloaded offline maps you have.

I was out of town visiting family and friends in a strange town where I knew nothing at all about the directions or traffic driving home at night. I navigated using Navier and it impressed the heck out of me! I heard turn-by-turn directions while the map moved right in front of my face on my windshield. The lady's voice spelled out the word "yards" that was funny, but this was an extremely helpful app that really helped me keep my eyes on the road while also knowing where I was going at all times. When I got to my destination I purchased the app without hesitation.

My only problem was double vision on the picture. Even with double vision this app was really fantastic. Is anyone here using something like this? If so, do you know if the Garmin Heads Up Display film will fix this issue?

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Head-U...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3166069

I love this app already as it is, but if I can get it to work perfectly I'd be thrilled.:grin: If you have another favorite HUD app, please chime in.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
The film will work with ANY HUD unit. It's made by Garmin, and they want you to purchase the Garmin HUD unit.

It is not completely translucent, so it should probably be placed in an area that is easy for your eyes to see but not blocking your direct vision. It will definitely improve the quality of the HUD display and make it clearer. It should also remove the double image, as that is a result of reflecting off of both entry and exit light points in the windshield glass. The reflection will now only reflect off the film.

Careful installing, as it is easy to get bubbles under film type installs.

You can also get a piece of Window Tinting and do pretty much the same thing and get a pretty good result. The Garmin film will work better, but you get what you pay for.

As far as HUD apps go, I tried a couple, but decided against using them. My dashboard is too curved and it is difficult to get a place to place it where I can also see it well.

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
As far as HUD apps go, I tried a couple, but decided against using them. My dashboard is too curved and it is difficult to get a place to place it where I can also see it well.
Absolutely. It's easy to see that HUD apps can only work in a car that can accommodate them, and it's going to be phone and car specific. I was surprised that the phone worked so well on that car, and I'm not sure it will work in the other car we have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6