Official Pok?mon GO for Windows Petition

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not confident having seen these petitions come and go over the years (coughSnapchatcough), and the massive number of people already trying to play is kinda killing the game so I'm not sure they're keen on more players.

So I'm making a bet with every single person in this thread who has written here before this post.

If Pokemon GO is released for Windows 10 Mobile within the next 7 months*, even in unlisted Beta form, I will buy one lucky person in this thread an unlocked Microsoft Lumia 640, 640 XL, or 650** for them to play on.

*defined by whether it is released and playable on my 640 anytime before February 12th 2017. Third-party solutions a la 6snap or Specter don't count.

**I reserve the right to change up the selection lineup, but don't worry, I'll keep it in W10M-capable territory. It'll likely be used/refurbished, but I'll be vetting it.

Last edited:

TheHoneyBadger

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I think Microsoft needs to step in. If they can't convince people/developers to bring applications to their platform, why will people keep on buying their phones?

An application like this (in this case a game) is a good motivation why people will not choose WP in future, and more and more developers are abandoning WP. Microsoft could have stepped in when Nintendo announced that GO would not be coming to their platform, but now it is too late.

And for the google maps support mentioned, applications like WhatsApp managed to get their app working on WP using the Microsoft software. I think the issue is nobody is seeing WP as a viable market, and for that Microsoft is to blame and they could probably have convinced them that they will make it worth their while.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think Microsoft needs to step in. If they can't convince people/developers to bring applications to their platform, why will people keep on buying their phones?

An application like this (in this case a game) is a good motivation why people will not choose WP in future, and more and more developers are abandoning WP. Microsoft could have stepped in when Nintendo announced that GO would not be coming to their platform, but now it is too late.

And for the google maps support mentioned, applications like WhatsApp managed to get their app working on WP using the Microsoft software. I think the issue is nobody is seeing WP as a viable market, and for that Microsoft is to blame and they could probably have convinced them that they will make it worth their while.

I think the biggest overarching issue is that Microsoft can't convince themselves to bring their own apps to their platform. (or even at the same time.)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
They probably need around 500,000 to a million votes to even bother
ltm, ltm

Yeah, Unless the petition, or better for this scenario, a poll, is created by the developer, I don't really see the developer taking notice... Although, only a percentage of the people who would play the game on WP are signing, many probably don't even know the poll exists. So the potential for revenue on WP is greater then the number of signatures. And I'm not sure what the percentages are of people playing the game, that actually make in app purchases, so who knows how much they could estimate as actual income based on the numbers from the petition.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm not confident having seen these petitions come and go over the years (coughSnapchatcough), and the massive number of people already trying to play is kinda killing the game so I'm not sure they're keen on more players.

So I'm making a bet with every single person in this thread who has written here before this post.

If Pokemon GO is released for Windows 10 Mobile within the next 7 months*, even in unlisted Beta form, I will buy one lucky person in this thread an unlocked Microsoft Lumia 640, 640 XL, or 650** for them to play on.

*defined by whether it is released and playable on my 640 anytime before February 12th 2017. Third-party solutions a la 6snap or Specter don't count.

**I reserve the right to change up the selection lineup, but don't worry, I'll keep it in W10M-capable territory. It'll likely be used/refurbished, but I'll be vetting it.

Hahahahahahaha

good motivation.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hahahahahahaha

good motivation.

Plot twist: An executive at Niantic already posted in this thread and makes it happen for a chance for an internet stranger to buy him a phone.

xandros9. The savior of Windows Phone.

Got a nice ring to it.

Kazashimo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking of picking a day... Maybe Sunday or Monday... And bombing their twitter. So the more people involved, the better. Thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers