Official Pok?mon GO for Windows Petition

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of picking a day... Maybe Sunday or Monday... And bombing their twitter. So the more people involved, the better. Thoughts?

Hmm, that might truly be a "Nice terror attack"

Sorry, already posted this in the 150K Post Challenge, but thought it might be relevant here.

Attachments

• Nice.png
    Nice.png
    458 KB · Views: 4

Kazashimo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Let's pick a day, and spread the word. This will be operation #pokemonGOwindows!
Which day would be best to gain the most attention?

When they log into twitter that day, all they will see is our pleads.

Last edited by a moderator:

James Boone

May 11, 2014
Visit site
You're all delusional. If you think a company with a killer app is going to cater to a 1% mobile market share, I'm sorry but you've lost your minds. Good luck. I'm a Windows Phone user (and fan) and love the platform but I've come to terms with the fact I'm never going to see Big Time releases in their prime.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A concentrated effort does wonders, it makes small numbers appear large.

I'm not sure I've seen success from Twitter spam as far as Windows is concerned.

When they log into twitter that day, all they will see is our pleads.

Hardly, they will see some mentions of Windows Mobile but all they will see is complaints about the current state of the game.

It's also a bad time considering too many users are causing all the issues they currently have. No point reaching out to a few million extra potential users when they can't even serve all of the current players properly yet.

Kazashimo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Regardless. Nothing has ever been done by people "sitting on their assess". Some effort is better than none, and I quite enjoy the challenge.

You're all delusional. If you think a company with a killer app is going to cater to a 1% mobile market share, I'm sorry but you've lost your minds. Good luck. I'm a Windows Phone user (and fan) and love the platform but I've come to terms with the fact I'm never going to see Big Time releases in their prime.
You seem to be missing the point of UWP. Why cater to mobile phones only?

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Regardless. Nothing has ever been done by people "sitting on their assess". Some effort is better than none, and I quite enjoy the challenge.

You seem to be missing the point of UWP. Why cater to mobile phones only?

You seem to miss the point on how small a user base Windows is. No point in UWP for your desktop and XBox for a geocaching game. So really all that matters is the number of Windows Mobile users.

Even assuming Nintendo is willing to see all 110 million Windows 10 devices as equal, that's tiny compared to 1.4 billion Android users and 300 million iOS users.

Kazashimo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-looking-getting-pokemon-go-windows-10-mobile

You seem to miss the point on how small a user base Windows is. No point in UWP for your desktop and XBox for a geocaching game. So really all that matters is the number of Windows Mobile users.

Even assuming Nintendo is willing to see all 110 million Windows 10 devices as equal, that's tiny compared to 1.4 billion Android users and 300 million iOS users.

UWP extends to tablets. I did not miss the point. Btw, MS is trying to get the app now. 😜

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, I suppose I could be "looking into options" to make my own webOS phone...

It's not just the low userbase of 10 Mobile, it's also the sheer number of users they have already. The servers are on fire, looking for ways to bring new people onboard has got to be the last thing on their minds.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, I suppose I could be "looking into options" to make my own webOS phone...

It's not just the low userbase of 10 Mobile, it's also the sheer number of users they have already. The servers are on fire, looking for ways to bring new people onboard has got to be the last thing on their minds.

That's where MS can step in as a partner with their virtual servers ;) you scratch my back, I scratch yours.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft Portugal says Pokemon Go is coming to Windows phones

Optimism wins again! Those of us who had doubts... Go to team Mystic. Valor shuns you ��

While this isn't bad news, i'd also caution a declaration of victory. Social Media managers don't often have real answers to questions like this. They often just say whatever they think someone wants to hear for the sake of a positive interaction. It's often false hope.

Keep passing around the petition! This is not in the bag.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05