Here Drive & Here Maps not available on W10M

honda accord 99

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Since we update to w10, Here Drive app is not available in windows store.
The same for Here Maps also not available.
In some lumia phones,both apps are coming with the windows 10 and you won't download them from store. but in some phones like 920, the both apps are not listed, even in the store.
Sorry for bad english:winktongue:

robw70

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
re: Here Drive & Here Maps not available on W10M

This is one reason I rolled back to WP8.1 . Very disappointing it wasn't there. It's one of the main reasons for having a WP for me.

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

Since we update to w10, Here Drive app is not available in windows store.
The same for Here Maps also not available.
In some lumia phones,both apps are coming with the windows 10 and you won't download them from store. but in some phones like 920, the both apps are not listed, even in the store.
Sorry for bad english:winktongue:

I stilo have here maps, drive, city lens, and transit. I actually found multiple listings for some of them in the store so I just downloaded the one that said i owned.

I have a 920 and am in the us.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

Weird, I just noticed, I don't have Drive, or City Lens either. Have they been retired?

mxzhonkey

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

I put 10m on my 640 last night then did a hard reset. Both Here Drive and Here maps, downloaded in the store shortly after that. Go into store, menu, My Library, show all next to apps. It should be on that list. I would check there. It lists it as not available for my device but it definitely is, and usable.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Maps now takes the place of all the Here apps I used before and now all the functions are in one place.

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site

It updates ok, when updates are available.

Even after hard reset. If installed by default they should be there and update fine. I agree though I would be concerned if they were uninstalled as I wouldn't be able to get them back

I did email here a while ago and they are aware of this and hope they will update soon

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Weren't they ..ahem...free?. Meaning Nokia didn't sell them to you, but licensed them to you, or more properly probably, licensed them to its then owner, Microsoft which in turn licensed to you to download and use in its then Windows mobile product.

And which, with Microsoft now no longer owning Nokia, is probably no longer the case and Nokia took the Here programs with them, perhaps to sell in the future. Microsoft probably still owns the right to use and develop the technology etc. as it sees fit, which it has by again licensing to you to use in Maps with Windows 10 mobile.

I'm not sure how you can feel aggrieved by that or that you lost something you "owned".

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Perhaps, but it was part of the platform he bought into. It also points to an issue many people have with software as a service. You own nothing and what you have can be taken away.

In products I develop I always make sure existing functionality is included or significantly improved with new versions. MS has a habit of just killing things off. Being that way with my own stuff often makes me scratch my head at some of the decisions MS has been making

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Both apps have always been available in the store for me in all wm10 builds.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

Weren't they ..ahem...free?. Meaning Nokia didn't sell them to you, but licensed them to you, or more properly probably, licensed them to its then owner, Microsoft which in turn licensed to you to download and use in its then Windows mobile product.

And which, with Microsoft now no longer owning Nokia, is probably no longer the case and Nokia took the Here programs with them, perhaps to sell in the future. Microsoft probably still owns the right to use and develop the technology etc. as it sees fit, which it has by again licensing to you to use in Maps with Windows 10 mobile.

I'm not sure how you can feel aggrieved by that or that you lost something you "owned".

By virtue of buying a Nokia phone, I "bought" the apps which, at that time, were bundled in and only available on Lumias. Are you saying that you do not "own" a copy of you OS? Are you saying that you do not own a license for Office, on your phone?

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

By virtue of buying a Nokia phone, I "bought" the apps which, at that time, were bundled in and only available on Lumias. Are you saying that you do not "own" a copy of you OS? Are you saying that you do not own a license for Office, on your phone?

Well, the OS and Office were bundled into Lumia phones. The Here applications were not had to be downloaded. Admittedly it may not have been clear to you/us the extent of the license being granted when we downloaded them (it rarely is). But it was, I'm pretty sure, a license. And in fact, if I recall correctly, The Nokia "Here" app was originally called Here Beta. And as such we were given the opportunity to use it subject to whatever changes were made in the final, or to it not being continued, upgraded or later even made available.

And that's the clear model now being used by MS in one year subscriptions to Office and Windows 10 for PCs.

It used to be in the past that if you volunteered to beta test a program or app the developer would often give you a free copy when it finally came out as a sort of thanks and in hopes of you using and talking it up to others. But there were times I beta tested programs and still had to buy the final or a later upgrade.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

When you download an app, regardless of its price, you own it. I worked for two of the biggest hardware/software companies, in the world for over 30 years. Bundling does not mean it is included when you receive it, that's what bloatware is all about.

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

The Here apps work fine in W10m, the problem is if you lose them somehow then they can't be reinstalled for many people.

They will probably need an update from Nokia (highly unlikely at this point) to be downloadable again.

The good news is that the built in maps looks like it will try to solidly take Here's place, but not quite a replacement yet. This is something that needs to be in place when W10m launches otherwise it will be a huge blow to WP's everywhere and probably cause many people to switch.

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site

Well, I put w10m TP on my ATIV S and I still keep the Here Drive+ and Here Map.

Maybe you can try to reset your phone after updated to w10m TP, that might help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon