Is the app store not working?

Lolerica Smekerica

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
app store not working ?

Hi , today , since i have reseted and turned off my advertising id , my store wont find any apps i look for. My region and everything else is set to usa , and i am currently in usa aswell. Location turned on or off in settings wont help aswell. Tried rebooting phone , doesnt work aswell.
Lumia 930.
Whats wrong ?
Thanks in advance

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: app store not working ?

Were you using cellular data or Wi-Fi?

In my case (not in the U.S.), my Wi-Fi at home (only at home so far) can't seem to allow me to properly connect to Microsoft (store, phone update). I've not encountered that issue with cellular data or in other Wi-Fi connections. I'm also not sure what's going on with our Wi-Fi router since nothing has been changed from the time it worked to the time it no longer worked. I must note, however, that I can connect to chat, websites, etc... just not to the store and when checking for updates.

sharadh

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Were you using cellular data or Wi-Fi?

In my case (not in the U.S.), my Wi-Fi at home (only at home so far) can't seem to allow me to properly connect to Microsoft (store, phone update). I've not encountered that issue with cellular data or in other Wi-Fi connections. I'm also not sure what's going on with our Wi-Fi router since nothing has been changed from the time it worked to the time it no longer worked. I must note, however, that I can connect to chat, websites, etc... just not to the store and when checking for updates.
Hey. I faced the same problem like you did. My lumia wont load the store on my WiFi while it didn't face any problems on my cellular data or any other WiFi network. I solved this by changing my DNS. Just google free dns and you will get them. You have to change yours from your modem's setings. Write down your previous dns just in case this doesn't work although i am quite sure it will. This might apply to Lolerica's problem as well but my problem had nothing to do with the advertisement id. So you can give it a shot as well. Good luck:)

Lolerica Smekerica

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

Hi , i am on my home work wi fi. Its not mine and i cant change the settings but it worked untill today. Same as the wifi at the place i work at. Cant acess the apps. I only get few in top free i think and thats it .. Sometimes few in top paid aswell . Rest is empty :(
Edit , it started working on its own again ,i could search for a specific app , its discoverable once again , but the weather/news section is still empty .

Last edited:

sharadh

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi , i am on my home work wi fi. Its not mine and i cant change the settings but it worked untill today. Same as the wifi at the place i work at. Cant acess the apps. I only get few in top free i think and thats it .. Sometimes few in top paid aswell . Rest is empty :(
Edit , it started working on its own again ,i could search for a specific app , its discoverable once again , but the weather/news section is still empty .
Glad your problem isnt that severe now. There might be an issue at Microsoft's end. Hope it will be solved completely soon:)
Ps: Although you might have done these already but if you haven't, just sync your microsoft account manually and then do a soft reset.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Hey. I faced the same problem like you did. My lumia wont load the store on my WiFi while it didn't face any problems on my cellular data or any other WiFi network. I solved this by changing my DNS. Just google free dns and you will get them. You have to change yours from your modem's setings. Write down your previous dns just in case this doesn't work although i am quite sure it will. This might apply to Lolerica's problem as well but my problem had nothing to do with the advertisement id. So you can give it a shot as well. Good luck:)

Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to edit the DNS settings in my Windows Phone 8.1. Thanks for the tip, though. :smile:

sharadh

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to edit the DNS settings in my Windows Phone 8.1. Thanks for the tip, though. :smile:
You have to change the DNS of your wifi router through your pc or laptop. Give it a try. Here is a link that might help you out.
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/browsers/f/change-dns-server.htm
Take a look at "how to change the dns servers on your router" and just follow the steps. The page also has a link to free dns servers which yoh can use. Hope it helps :)

Last edited:

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

Hi , today , since i have reseted and turned off my advertising id , my store wont find any apps i look for. My region and everything else is set to usa , and i am currently in usa aswell. Location turned on or off in settings wont help aswell. Tried rebooting phone , doesnt work aswell.
Lumia 930.
Whats wrong ?
Thanks in advance

Don't know what to tell you, it seems they are down quite often, just keep trying you eventually get in. It's not just you it seems they are worse since they are in the W10 transition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo