11-12-2015 09:15 AM
77 1234
tools
    Can we finally see and download attachments ( ex zip file or pdf ) ?
    10-17-2015 09:58 AM
    Can we finally see and download attachments ( ex zip file or pdf ) ?
    Groups are crashing the app, but compared to the old Facebook Beta app, there are no new Facebook-specific features anyway.
    10-17-2015 12:13 PM
    can you change profile picture and cover photo ???
    Actually yes you can change your profile picture, you always could before. It's not like it is on every other platform and online, to change it you must open a photo inside the app and then select the option set as profile picture. Which means if you have a cool photo you like, you must upload it, then open it and select change to profile picture, instead of just being able to select change profile picture and upload your new one that way.
    10-18-2015 07:43 AM
    Actually yes you can change your profile picture, you always could before. It's not like it is on every other platform and online, to change it you must open a photo inside the app and then select the option set as profile picture. Which means if you have a cool photo you like, you must upload it, then open it and select change to profile picture, instead of just being able to select change profile picture and upload your new one that way.
    I think they meant directly, like in m.facebook.com and the iOS and Android apps. I wish that would come... the current way of doing it is not very convenient.
    10-18-2015 09:30 AM
    yes you're right it's a shame that we can't upload directly new profile picture or cover photo , I don't know how much it's complicated in programming wise to do that hehe
    10-20-2015 01:30 AM
    lets poke MIcrosoft guys to release the app again. I cant download it.
    10-20-2015 07:07 AM
    lets poke MIcrosoft guys to release the app again. I cant download it.
    Why on earth do you want an unfinished, buggy, no-new-features app?
    Even the integration with the Contacts app is broken.
    10-20-2015 10:31 AM
    That's what beta software tends to be....
    10-21-2015 03:03 AM
    Because we don't have better. And it does have new features.
    10-21-2015 03:09 AM
    Downloaded it. It really looks great and it is very smooth. Some new features in it, we just miss some bugfixing and the reply to comment feature. Looking good so far!
    10-21-2015 03:18 AM
    That's what beta software tends to be....
    I know, I am just saying that the FB Beta 10.0 app is a downgrade in almost every way from the FB Beta 8.1 app.
    10-21-2015 04:31 AM
    I know, I am just saying that the FB Beta 10.0 app is a downgrade in almost every way from the FB Beta 8.1 app.
    I really do not know what app you are using. Ok it has some glitches. But what is there is superior to the old app by far. It's so refreshing to have such a fast good looking app for once. Showed it to a friend that has an iPhone6 and was amazed by it (then again you never know when showing your 930 to an iPhone user if they are amazed by the app itself or by how the 930 screen makes everything look fantastic :) )
    10-21-2015 07:08 AM
    Plus my contacts and calendar are fully integrated as they were before, it took 30mins to synch contacts though!
    10-21-2015 07:10 AM
    Why no 8.1 support? :( so freaking tired of this sh itty fb app
    10-21-2015 07:22 AM
    I really do not know what app you are using. Ok it has some glitches. But what is there is superior to the old app by far. It's so refreshing to have such a fast good looking app for once. Showed it to a friend that has an iPhone6 and was amazed by it (then again you never know when showing your 930 to an iPhone user if they are amazed by the app itself or by how the 930 screen makes everything look fantastic :) )
    It's literally the 8.1 app with wireframe graphics, it even looks very similar to it. I was the one to start the thread, remember? The app platform however is buggy. Who would value looks over stability, when the capabilities are the same?
    10-21-2015 07:34 AM
    Why no 8.1 support? :( so freaking tired of this sh itty fb app
    You are not missing out on anything currently, just some animations and some bugs. There are no new FB-specific features, it is the same old incomplete app.
    LumiaWorld and xandros9 like this.
    10-21-2015 07:35 AM
    It's literally the 8.1 app with wireframe graphics, it even looks very similar to it. I was the one to start the thread, remember? The app platform however is buggy. Who would value looks over stability, when the capabilities are the same?
    It is much faster, for example, what device are you using? I'm surprised you did not notice the performance difference, maybe it is device related? And there are some new features here and there plus some bugfixing (like being able to pick photos in w10m which was previously broken). And anyway by " I was the one to start the thread" do you mean people cannot tell you they are having a radically better experience than yours, don't be so touchy :)
    10-21-2015 09:10 AM
    So much better than before I can tag all my friends in comments now before some wouldn't let me tag at all. This is a step in the ring direction
    10-21-2015 10:05 AM
    I'm just happy something is happening to fb app after such a long time. It seems faster for me, like the new look as well. I think it will be pretty good when out of beta :)
    10-21-2015 01:46 PM
    It is much faster, for example, what device are you using? I'm surprised you did not notice the performance difference, maybe it is device related? And there are some new features here and there plus some bugfixing (like being able to pick photos in w10m which was previously broken). And anyway by " I was the one to start the thread" do you mean people cannot tell you they are having a radically better experience than yours, don't be so touchy :)
    Hey, I'm not the one with the Grumpy Cat profile pic, LOL! :P

Anyway, the performance difference is not radical - yes, the app is more fluid on my 920 and the animations are eye candy, but it's still the same incomplete app, because it is the same old Microsoft-made app, just ported to the new app platform. Which is also the reason why browsing in the app is so pleasant, until you reach a point where the feed becomes blank and the spinning wheel appears and refreshing takes almost forever even on a fast connection, or until the app stops responding and the next time you open it asks for permission to send a crash dump. It's still so far from the iOS and Android apps. :(

I really can't wait for the new Facebook-made apps for Windows 10.
    Paolo Ferrazza likes this.
    10-21-2015 01:55 PM
    You are not missing out on anything currently, just some animations and some bugs. There are no new FB-specific features, it is the same old incomplete app.
    Thank you for the reply.

LOL if there's one thing Microsoft taught me, it's the word patience.
    10-21-2015 11:57 PM
    It's a step in the right direction the recent feed is still broken after a few recent posts it starts showing posts from 10 and 14 hours ago.

Sometimes comments on pictures don't load or load slowly, and notifications load slowly.

I'm also getting double notifications for Messenger now. The messenger app itself and getting chat notifications from Facebook beta itself

The best thing about it is I can now tag or mention all my friends in comments now. Before there was a select few friends I couldn't mention for whatever reasons. Definitely a step in the right direction. Hope it gets frequent updates
    10-22-2015 04:15 AM
    It's terrible on my 1520. Barely loads the news feed, and you can't open anything else. I'm using the website for now.
    10-23-2015 07:22 PM
    I just hope that Microsoft will transfer this app to Facebook any time soon...
    Daniel said in one his recent posts (I think it's in the latest AskDan video) that THIS IS the universal app Terry was talking about in that Microsoft event. And it is being made in conjunction with Facebook. So, it's fine even if Facebook doesn't do the coding part themselves cuz it is giving its inputs on this and is involved in the development process.
    10-28-2015 01:41 AM
    I installed this app but it does not notifies me. It does not even shows at notifications settings... Anyone is also having this issue? (im using w10m 10581 lumia 930 br)
    10-31-2015 10:12 AM
77 1234