New Facebook Beta app on Windows 10 Mobile

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
There is still no landscape layout when you rotate the screen, by the way, and I really can't think of any excuse why they are not allowing it. When I set the display scaling to 175%, I already get the UI that is designed for bigger, wider screens. I will try to post screenshots of that mode even though it's very buggy. (To be honest, the problem might lie also in the OS: at 175%, the task switcher does get the phablet layout, but only appears the first time you long press the back button, afterwards nothing happens - as if a task switcher were never there).

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
When you're creating a new post, are you able to selectively customize the privacy of the post? Such as, making a post and making it viewable by all friends except for these two guys I work with.

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
When you're creating a new post, are you able to selectively customize the privacy of the post? Such as, making a post and making it viewable by all friends except for these two guys I work with.

Nope, just pre-defined audiences and your friend lists are presented as post privacy options.

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
More screenshots at 175% display scaling level on my Lumia 920:

wp_ss_20151017_0001.jpg
The big-screen interface I was talking about. There are lots of bugs in this UI, e.g. the menu slides in from the left but most of the entries take you nowhere upon tapping, the status bar on top is always there, overlapping with the app's top bar, the Messenger button is cropped, but even tapping on it does nothing.

wp_ss_20151017_0002.png
The crashes that I mentioned. Quite buggy, even though animations have been surprisingly fluid all the time.

wp_ss_20151017_0003.png
In-place search bar for big-screened devices. Somehow it's faster than the regular search that occupies the entire window. The font is kinda screwed up, even when I set the scaling level back to 225%.

wp_ss_20151017_0004.png
More UI bugs, the status bar became suddenly opaque and the feed randomly stopped at a certain point not very far down, leaving below a lot of empty space.

Now I think it is clear why this version was pulled from the Store, it's still a rough work-in-progress.

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
can you change profile picture and cover photo ???

Actually yes you can change your profile picture, you always could before. It's not like it is on every other platform and online, to change it you must open a photo inside the app and then select the option set as profile picture. Which means if you have a cool photo you like, you must upload it, then open it and select change to profile picture, instead of just being able to select change profile picture and upload your new one that way.

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Actually yes you can change your profile picture, you always could before. It's not like it is on every other platform and online, to change it you must open a photo inside the app and then select the option set as profile picture. Which means if you have a cool photo you like, you must upload it, then open it and select change to profile picture, instead of just being able to select change profile picture and upload your new one that way.

I think they meant directly, like in m.facebook.com and the iOS and Android apps. I wish that would come... the current way of doing it is not very convenient.

Raed El Kady

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
yes you're right it's a shame that we can't upload directly new profile picture or cover photo , I don't know how much it's complicated in programming wise to do that hehe

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Downloaded it. It really looks great and it is very smooth. Some new features in it, we just miss some bugfixing and the reply to comment feature. Looking good so far!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12