New Facebook Beta app on Windows 10 Mobile

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I know, I am just saying that the FB Beta 10.0 app is a downgrade in almost every way from the FB Beta 8.1 app.

I really do not know what app you are using. Ok it has some glitches. But what is there is superior to the old app by far. It's so refreshing to have such a fast good looking app for once. Showed it to a friend that has an iPhone6 and was amazed by it (then again you never know when showing your 930 to an iPhone user if they are amazed by the app itself or by how the 930 screen makes everything look fantastic :) )

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I really do not know what app you are using. Ok it has some glitches. But what is there is superior to the old app by far. It's so refreshing to have such a fast good looking app for once. Showed it to a friend that has an iPhone6 and was amazed by it (then again you never know when showing your 930 to an iPhone user if they are amazed by the app itself or by how the 930 screen makes everything look fantastic :) )

It's literally the 8.1 app with wireframe graphics, it even looks very similar to it. I was the one to start the thread, remember? The app platform however is buggy. Who would value looks over stability, when the capabilities are the same?

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
It's literally the 8.1 app with wireframe graphics, it even looks very similar to it. I was the one to start the thread, remember? The app platform however is buggy. Who would value looks over stability, when the capabilities are the same?

It is much faster, for example, what device are you using? I'm surprised you did not notice the performance difference, maybe it is device related? And there are some new features here and there plus some bugfixing (like being able to pick photos in w10m which was previously broken). And anyway by " I was the one to start the thread" do you mean people cannot tell you they are having a radically better experience than yours, don't be so touchy :)

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
So much better than before I can tag all my friends in comments now before some wouldn't let me tag at all. This is a step in the ring direction

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm just happy something is happening to fb app after such a long time. It seems faster for me, like the new look as well. I think it will be pretty good when out of beta :)

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
It is much faster, for example, what device are you using? I'm surprised you did not notice the performance difference, maybe it is device related? And there are some new features here and there plus some bugfixing (like being able to pick photos in w10m which was previously broken). And anyway by " I was the one to start the thread" do you mean people cannot tell you they are having a radically better experience than yours, don't be so touchy :)

Hey, I'm not the one with the Grumpy Cat profile pic, LOL! :p

Anyway, the performance difference is not radical - yes, the app is more fluid on my 920 and the animations are eye candy, but it's still the same incomplete app, because it is the same old Microsoft-made app, just ported to the new app platform. Which is also the reason why browsing in the app is so pleasant, until you reach a point where the feed becomes blank and the spinning wheel appears and refreshing takes almost forever even on a fast connection, or until the app stops responding and the next time you open it asks for permission to send a crash dump. It's still so far from the iOS and Android apps. :(

I really can't wait for the new Facebook-made apps for Windows 10.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
It's a step in the right direction the recent feed is still broken after a few recent posts it starts showing posts from 10 and 14 hours ago.

Sometimes comments on pictures don't load or load slowly, and notifications load slowly.

I'm also getting double notifications for Messenger now. The messenger app itself and getting chat notifications from Facebook beta itself

The best thing about it is I can now tag or mention all my friends in comments now. Before there was a select few friends I couldn't mention for whatever reasons. Definitely a step in the right direction. Hope it gets frequent updates

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It's terrible on my 1520. Barely loads the news feed, and you can't open anything else. I'm using the website for now.

adamyos

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I just hope that Microsoft will transfer this app to Facebook any time soon...

Daniel said in one his recent posts (I think it's in the latest AskDan video) that THIS IS the universal app Terry was talking about in that Microsoft event. And it is being made in conjunction with Facebook. So, it's fine even if Facebook doesn't do the coding part themselves cuz it is giving its inputs on this and is involved in the development process.

anon(8763384)

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I installed this app but it does not notifies me. It does not even shows at notifications settings... Anyone is also having this issue? (im using w10m 10581 lumia 930 br)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss