Is there an automatic Backup & Restore App for Windows 10 like there was for Windows 7?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and it appears that the Backup & Restore app (Windows 7) that I used for automatic backups to an external hard drive has ceased to function. I was going to try to "force" a backup "now" but got message that I should move the existing backup files to another location first. Since we are talking about almost 950 GB on the external hard drive, a non-networked computer, and the fact that I don't have another external hard drive of that magnitude to transfer the files to, I'm not sure what to do. Also, if I could somehow transfer critical files to another external device and then force a backup to my primary external hard drive, will the "old" Windows 7 Back Up & Restore function work to automatically backup my files as before on a daily basis?? Is there another Backup & Restore app that I should have for Windows 10 to do the job daily? By the way, the Backup & Restore app (Windows 7) came pre-loaded along with Windows 7 Home Premium when I bought the PC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb