Any new, interesting lockscreen apps ?

damonator98

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Having used Live lockscreen BETA for more than a year I started to search for something new, but apparently didn't find anything (my region is Lithuania). So I wonder if there's any info or plans to add new features to Live lockscreen BETA, or are there more apps i didn't notice which offer equally good experience ? :)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen or noticed any new lock screen apps in the Store; my inventory of lock screen apps (mostly weather apps + Tetra lock screen (discontinued) and Live Lock screen Beta) haven't changed for months.

Then again, what's new for me may not be new for you, what's new for you may not be new for me, and what seems new to us may not be really new after all but merely required a bit more diligent searching on our part.

damonator98

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Strange that after release of lock screen api there were so few attempts to make a good lock screen app. The best app for me till this day is Live Lock screen which is basically a tech demo... And sadly the beautiful Tetra lock screen is not available in my region :(

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I think the Tetra lock screen has been removed from the store; there was an article about that here in Windows Central if I recall correctly.

I also think that majority of the developers are pre-occupied in preparation for Windows 10 Mobile - I've been in touch with some developers (of really good apps) and they admit that they can't push as much updates to their apps now because they're preparing for Windows 10 Mobile. Hence, when Windows 10 Mobile comes (officially, probably by the first quarter of 2016), we should start seeing new and better apps in the Store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven