Best Universal Application for ebook Reader in Windows 10

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi ,
I have the latest build for windows 10 mobile in my lumia 535.
I dont find any good ebook reader for windows 10 ?
i have tried Bookviser and legimi they are not opening in windows 10 mobile.

Is there any universal app for windows 10 mobile for reading ebooks ?
please suggest

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Why does it have to be universal? Isn't it good enough, even if it just runs exclusively on W10M?

Anyway, I moved this thread to the Apps forum, as it has nothing to do with the OS.

Last edited:

Jim Chapman

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Freda is a Universal App, and does run on Windows 10, and on Windows 10 Mobile. I'm actively working on the appearance of the app on Windows 10 Mobile (it's not simple, as each new pre-release version of the W10M operating system brings new suprises for us poor developers!). But it does work, and the W10M app does provide all the features of the W10 app. It can even sync your reading position between W10 and W10M devices, and you can transfer your setup between devices (by backing up and restoring).

I'll be glad to get feedback (either in forum, or by email to the support address mentioned in the app itself)

Jim (Freda developer)

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Freda is a Universal App, and does run on Windows 10, and on Windows 10 Mobile. I'm actively working on the appearance of the app on Windows 10 Mobile (it's not simple, as each new pre-release version of the W10M operating system brings new suprises for us poor developers!). But it does work, and the W10M app does provide all the features of the W10 app. It can even sync your reading position between W10 and W10M devices, and you can transfer your setup between devices (by backing up and restoring).

I'll be glad to get feedback (either in forum, or by email to the support address mentioned in the app itself)

Jim (Freda developer)

Hey Jim,
Wanted to THANK YOU for making Freda. Its THE Best reader available on WP.
One feature request I have is adding a dictionary. Perfect Dictionary has a URI.

Jim Chapman

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jim,
Wanted to THANK YOU for making Freda. Its THE Best reader available on WP.
One feature request I have is adding a dictionary. Perfect Dictionary has a URI.
That's a good thought. Freda allows you to specify the URI that it will use for dictionary lookup (by specifying a template URI string in which it replaces {0} with the text you are looking for). I've reached out to the developer of Perfect Dictionary to get details of the URI scheme used for that app, and (assuming I get an answer) I will add a drop-down to the Freda dictionary screen to make it easy to supply the Perfect Dictionary URI link

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's a good thought. Freda allows you to specify the URI that it will use for dictionary lookup (by specifying a template URI string in which it replaces {0} with the text you are looking for). I've reached out to the developer of Perfect Dictionary to get details of the URI scheme used for that app, and (assuming I get an answer) I will add a drop-down to the Freda dictionary screen to make it easy to supply the Perfect Dictionary URI link

Thanks Jim. You're the best. 😃

Ewald Holzhaus

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
The very best e-book reader for Windows 10 is 'Fiction Book Reader' and I have tried them all.
I am surpised no one else has mentioned it.
I has a number of themes, such as old paper, and I can even changes the background colour, though it is a little tricky.
One can adjust margins, even space between paragraphs etc.etc. And there is also a good bookshelf.
There are many more options,far too many to mention here.

Brian Tait

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Now that books are available on the Windows store, does anybody know of an e-reader like the kindle that I can buy and load up my Windows store books onto? Because books are so new to the Windows store I can't find any compatibility specs with e-readers like the kindle.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Now that books are available on the Windows store, does anybody know of an e-reader like the kindle that I can buy and load up my Windows store books onto? Because books are so new to the Windows store I can't find any compatibility specs with e-readers like the kindle.

Why don't you just buy a windows 10 tablet with a good screen?

Nitish_KSharma

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Another app worth trying is Bookviser. I used to use Freda but it doesn't look good on my tablet. Sorry Jim, but yeah it does work, no question in that. However, I prefer Bookviser reader. Although it looks old like Windows Phone 7ish but it looks better and works seamlessly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720