Is Waze working for you?

UberGadgetFreak

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
It worked fine for me at 8:00 AM PST, but now it tries to start then exits.
I get this on my 1520 and 640.

I have reinstalled which does not fix it. I even re-flashed my 1520 before reinstalling. No joy.
From what I can see though, it seems to try and talk over the network and that's when it fails.
Either way, this is annoying.

Jens Veraa1

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Works fine on Android (v3.9) for me, but a friend of mine also noticed today it did crash on WP. Earlier today it was working fine.
Apparently v3.7 on iOS is also crashing.

On the waze forum reporting of this error also started just now.

Last edited:

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Same here - used it this morning on the commute in and didn't work on the commute home.

I think it's over for us. There's no support so no one working on a fix.

Nicholas Radtke

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Contacted them regarding the crash on startup. Pretty quick response:

Dear Wazer,

Thank you for contacting Waze.

New versions of the Waze app are not currently optimized for the Windows Phone platform, since the vast majority of Waze users are on iOS or Android devices. We are monitoring the Windows Phone install rate and will certainly reconsider if there is significant uptake.

Thanks,

The Waze Support Team

Time to flood them with support requests!

Gabriel Chahine

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Stumbled upon this while searching to see if it was general. Waze opens and closes in less than 2 seconds. Lumia 930 with 8.1 (latest without insider) and also a Lumia 920 with fast insider. Both the same thing. Today was all around Here Drive which I keep updated in maps, settings, favorites, etc. I always had a feeling something like this might happen, lol.

Think it's over or they are actually working on a update for Windows?

leops1984

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Stumbled upon this while searching to see if it was general. Waze opens and closes in less than 2 seconds. Lumia 930 with 8.1 (latest without insider) and also a Lumia 920 with fast insider. Both the same thing. Today was all around Here Drive which I keep updated in maps, settings, favorites, etc. I always had a feeling something like this might happen, lol.

Think it's over or they are actually working on a update for Windows?

Waze is a Google owned company. Google would rather develop for Amiga than anything Windows Phone.

TP52

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
My WP devices also started crashing yesterday, reinstalling didn't help. Waze also stopped working on my symbian devices.

rjwestmore

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem on a Nokia Lumina 635, Waze worked up until yesterday (29-Oct-15) now crashes on start-up if the phone has a data connection: mobile data or WiFi.
Very keen to find a solution

Jens Veraa1

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Apparently all version before 3.8 are crashing right now (also iOS for example). Hopefully because of this it will be considered something that is still worth fixing. Or they do want everyone on the most recent version, leaving out WP users because there is no more recent version.

lephilou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
One strange fact is that since latest Mobile builds, Project Astoria has been removed, maybe only for debugging reasons, but could Google react this way or are they preparing to publish newest Waze build when Win10 mobile will support androids apps??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans