Living images. What on earth is this

ebk333

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
And what activates it?

I thought the camera function 'capture living images' was basically short video recordings. Apparently its more than this.
Can someone tell me?

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Living images is a feature lumias had for almost 2 years now and that apple has copied and called it magical and revolutionary.

Its a setting that allows you to take moving pictures from your lumia device. Very cool.

ebk333

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
OP: Why don't you try it and see for yourself? Basically, it is a picture that has a few frames leading into it. Very cool.
Hello there .
Well im not sure what version you have, but my version has a checkbox that permits live pictures. That's it. I turned it on, took a pic and didn't notice anything. I turned it off, took a pic and didn't notice a thing.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello there .
Well im not sure what version you have, but my version has a checkbox that permits live pictures. That's it. I turned it on, took a pic and didn't notice anything. I turned it off, took a pic and didn't notice a thing.

The effect is viewed in the photos app.

anon(5354555)

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Good example of poor marketing from Microsoft..again. Lots of cool features yet who knows about them? Apple or Android users, that's who. I have never seen a company this powerful so inept at marketing to consumers from top to bottom.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Good example of poor marketing from Microsoft..again. Lots of cool features yet who knows about them? Apple or Android users, that's who. I have never seen a company this powerful so inept at marketing to consumers from top to bottom.
1) Why should microsoft market a feature in the OS that hasn't even been completed yet

2) Blame Nokia for not advertising living images at the time when they implemented it first.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
The problem with Living Images is that it is way too hard to find it compared to iPhones implementation. Camera is one department where everything should be incredibly quick, it should not take more than 2 steps for any given function. This is why Apple got the camera right on the iPhone, at least the usability part.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The thing I've never understood is, what good is it? Can you pick any of the intro shots to keep instead of the final one (which for me were often better than the final one)? I couldn't figure out how to do that. And can you post a living image anywhere?. So it seemed to me, it was only on my phone that I could see it.

Blake Seaman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
There are lots of times I think Living Images benefits the experience, and just as many it detracts. Living Images has no place in settings; it needs to be a fast toggle next to rich capture.

7a2eer

Banned
Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Living images is a feature lumias had for almost 2 years now and that apple has copied and called it magical and revolutionary.

Its a setting that allows you to take moving pictures from your lumia device. Very cool.

A feature that Nokia has had for years, but decided that it was not important enough as to have direct sharing capabilities. The only way to to create an album and upload it to from the story teller app...
Living images could have been a big deal before Apple "invented" them.

P.S: Samsung has had a similar feature too..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss