And what activates it?

I thought the camera function 'capture living images' was basically short video recordings. Apparently its more than this.
    Can someone tell me?
    11-01-2015 02:43 AM
    It's in Lumia camera app settings
    11-01-2015 02:59 AM
    Living images is a feature lumias had for almost 2 years now and that apple has copied and called it magical and revolutionary.

Its a setting that allows you to take moving pictures from your lumia device. Very cool.
    11-01-2015 04:07 AM
    OP: Why don't you try it and see for yourself? Basically, it is a picture that has a few frames leading into it. Very cool.
    11-01-2015 04:36 AM
    Very cool.
    ....or pointless, depending on your point of view!
    11-01-2015 05:21 AM
    ....or pointless, depending on your point of view!
    ^ exactly. I for one really hate this feature and do not see having a need for it... BUT I am glad that it is an option and that there is a simple way to turn it off.
    Tom Snyder likes this.
    11-01-2015 08:28 AM
    OP: Why don't you try it and see for yourself? Basically, it is a picture that has a few frames leading into it. Very cool.
    Hello there .
    Well im not sure what version you have, but my version has a checkbox that permits live pictures. That's it. I turned it on, took a pic and didn't notice anything. I turned it off, took a pic and didn't notice a thing.
    11-01-2015 08:31 AM
    Hello there .
    Well im not sure what version you have, but my version has a checkbox that permits live pictures. That's it. I turned it on, took a pic and didn't notice anything. I turned it off, took a pic and didn't notice a thing.
    The effect is viewed in the photos app.
    11-02-2015 04:07 AM
    I don't know where to find the option
    11-02-2015 04:16 AM
    Some phone models do not have living images such as lumia 1020
    xandros9 likes this.
    11-02-2015 05:51 AM
    Good example of poor marketing from Microsoft..again. Lots of cool features yet who knows about them? Apple or Android users, that's who. I have never seen a company this powerful so inept at marketing to consumers from top to bottom.
    Robinsonmac likes this.
    11-02-2015 07:22 AM
    Good example of poor marketing from Microsoft..again. Lots of cool features yet who knows about them? Apple or Android users, that's who. I have never seen a company this powerful so inept at marketing to consumers from top to bottom.
    1) Why should microsoft market a feature in the OS that hasn't even been completed yet

2) Blame Nokia for not advertising living images at the time when they implemented it first.
    11-02-2015 07:46 AM
    The problem with Living Images is that it is way too hard to find it compared to iPhones implementation. Camera is one department where everything should be incredibly quick, it should not take more than 2 steps for any given function. This is why Apple got the camera right on the iPhone, at least the usability part.
    11-02-2015 07:53 AM
    The thing I've never understood is, what good is it? Can you pick any of the intro shots to keep instead of the final one (which for me were often better than the final one)? I couldn't figure out how to do that. And can you post a living image anywhere?. So it seemed to me, it was only on my phone that I could see it.
    11-02-2015 08:48 AM
    it should not take more than 2 steps for any given function. This is why Apple got the camera right on the iPhone, at least the usability part.
    You mean like the extra step of waking the iPhone up because it doesn't have a camera button?
    11-02-2015 09:18 AM
    There are lots of times I think Living Images benefits the experience, and just as many it detracts. Living Images has no place in settings; it needs to be a fast toggle next to rich capture.
    920Walker and KimRM like this.
    11-02-2015 12:11 PM
    Living images is a feature lumias had for almost 2 years now and that apple has copied and called it magical and revolutionary.

Its a setting that allows you to take moving pictures from your lumia device. Very cool.
    A feature that Nokia has had for years, but decided that it was not important enough as to have direct sharing capabilities. The only way to to create an album and upload it to from the story teller app...
    Living images could have been a big deal before Apple "invented" them.

P.S: Samsung has had a similar feature too..
    Tom Snyder likes this.
    11-02-2015 02:13 PM

Business as usual.
    11-02-2015 02:17 PM
    You mean like the extra step of waking the iPhone up because it doesn't have a camera button?
    Well to be fair, you can trigger iPhones camera right from the lock screen. Takes exactly the same amount of time as launching camera with a button on WP.
    11-03-2015 01:00 PM
    Well to be fair, you can trigger iPhones camera right from the lock screen.
    You mean the lock screen you push a button to wake the phone up to see?
    Mach_E and libra89 like this.
    11-03-2015 03:30 PM