Is there a Windows Mobile app that will alert someone if they are going x MPH UNDER the speed limit?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
All/most of the NAV apps have an option to sound an alarm if you go x MPH over the current speed limit.

I know someone who doesn't use cruise control who sometimes gradually slows down on freeways when there is no other traffic (yes, those situations exist some places) until someone finally blows by going 50 MPH faster! So I am looking for an app that will sound an alarm if the speed is x MPH under the limit so I won't have to make unnecessary hospital visits.

No they won't use cruise. No they can't/won't voluntarily change. No they won't hire a chauffeur or take a cab every where. They don't believe its much of a problem.

I think they would use an app because that wouldn't have much cost or require much behavior modification.

Alternately, anyone know a sure fire way to get a cop to notice this and issue an expensive ticket, which might also cure it.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you hold the phone upside down, the GPS will be fooled into thinking the car is travelling the opposite way around and the warning will sound.

Or you can call Dennis Hopper. He knows about this kind of thing.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
If you hold the phone upside down, the GPS will be fooled into thinking the car is travelling the opposite way around and the warning will sound.

Or you can call Dennis Hopper. He knows about this kind of thing.

Way to go Pete. I'm sure HoosierDaddy will appreciate the response.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I just found out (was reminded?) that automatic subscription to question posts do not happen despite your profile settings.

I had concluded that nobody cared. sniff.

And now I see I was right!

I hope you all don't end up with blood on your hands! And thanks for taking me off the hook.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I have heard that driving too slow on the freeway is already a red flag for law enforcement. They are looking for people trying too hard not to be noticed, those are likely the ones transporting drugs or intoxicated.

If you know any cops personally you might try to get them to schedule something.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have heard that driving too slow on the freeway is already a red flag for law enforcement. They are looking for people trying too hard not to be noticed, those are likely the ones transporting drugs or intoxicated.

If you know any cops personally you might try to get them to schedule something.
Great, then you are saying I have to worry about his drug trafficking too?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)