Why can I not download Snapchat??

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why can i not download snapchat??

This is absolutely ridiculous that windows does not support the snapchat app...It is one of the World's biggest app and most commonly used.. how can this be true. I just bought the phone today and had I of known this I would not of purchased it! Windows you need to get on this ASAP!!!

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why can i not download snapchat??

It always helps to do a bit of research before purchasing your phone. Unfortunately it is something that the developers of snapchat are snobbish about when it comes to creating one for Windows Phone. I use to use it, but I dont think it is something I require to have functionality on a smartphone.
Now it is possible it may come in the future with some app porting like capabilities that Microsoft are working on. We do not know when or if it will happen.

wplee

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site

Only people under 25 use snapchat, you'll grow out of it soon 😂

On a serious note, the CEO and founder of snapchat hates Windows, though the company will need to expand to our platform once their growth slows so it will get here eventually. But seriously, do you know anyone mature who uses snapchat? 😂

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

This is absolutely ridiculous that windows does not support the snapchat app...

I'm sorry. This is a bit backwards. SnapChat does not support Windows Phone. They have refused to make an official App, then after an incident on another platform with a 3rd party App causing a security breach of user data, they demanded all 3rd party SnapChat Apps be pulled from the Windows Phone App Store. Microsoft had no choice but to honor that request.

Just to be clear…

This is a fan based News and Discussion site. It is in no way run by Microsoft, Lumia or any developer.

For any specific App it is up to that App’s developer to publish it for Windows Phone. We have absolutely no control over that.

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss