Why is Windows 8.1 music app not working on my Windows phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello. I was able to play music yesterday on my phone but today it is not working. Message says to check the cellular and Wi-Fi connectivity. I am signed into the Microsoft account. Phone is added as a music device, Xbox music pass subscription is current, and phone has connectivity. With the same account, I can play Groove on my Win 10 Surface, No problem. When I select an album from the store, it loads up the songs and upon hitting play, the in progress indicator keeps going till the no connectivity message shows up.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Amit

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
As always when some problem just "jumps up", try and soft reset. Power down, hold the volume button down at the same time as the power button. Wait 10 - 15 seconds (or until you feel the second vibration) and release the two buttons. Once it's booted up, try your music player again and see if the problem is solved.

If not, uninstall the music player and re-install and see if that helps. If none of these "options" help, you may have to do a hard reset as a last resort.

This is what I would do. Others may have a different set of options so make sure you read more postings to see what others have to say.

Good luck and let us know if any of these or other suggestions solved your problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss