best alternative default camera app?

daymouse

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Been playing with my 930 and loving it so far having a goo play and discovering stuff.

Next thing I'm onto is a better camera app but I'm having trouble finding a better alternative default camera app which can be launched using the physical button.

Proctor looks great but can't be launched with the button.

So any suggestions?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure we only get the choice of Lumia Camera and the default Windows Camera in 8.1

As for 10, I don't think we have a choice.

daymouse

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Windows Camera, which is similar. (and is speedier too) but it lost some quality and fancier features, but most of its there I think.

What's the point I'm giving the option to change the default camera when there is no other options?

How come proshot can't be used as default?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What's the point I'm giving the option to change the default camera when there is no other options?

How come proshot can't be used as default?

1. a holdover from 8.1 and stuff, probably its been done in case things change in the future, let OEM's change it. I think HTC might have its own camera app.

2. for some reason MS doesn't let third-party apps become default, either for some reason, or just not implementing it. Which is a mighty shame since ProShot's nice and being able to bring up something like Snapchat (hypothetically) with the button would be nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans