Audible app working on 950xl?

D3V011

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I can't get Audible to play any titles on my 950xl. I've tried both standard and high quality, and reinstalling the app, but no luck. Is Audible working on anyone's 950xl?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had this issue every now and then with the W10M version of Audible. Most of the times all it required was patience. It often took 2 minutes or more until an audiobook finally started playing.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I can't get Audible to play any titles on my 950xl. I've tried both standard and high quality, and reinstalling the app, but no luck. Is Audible working on anyone's 950xl?

I've started facing the same issue all of a sudden. And none of the ususal workarounds seem to fix it. But there's another official Audible app in the store (a public beta for WP8.1). It doesn't look as streamlined as the WM10 version does, but it's at least working without a hitch. You might want to give it a shot:

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%2Fstore%2Fapps%2F9nblggh0hxfs&token=9fNavDUg

albertico

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Sort of relieved to see other 950XL users experiencing the same. Just got my new phone a week ago and have since not been able to play a single title, tried all the troubleshooting mentioned here too (downloaded to phone or microSD, SD vs. HQ, uninstall and reinstall, etc.). I had hope with yesterday's app update adding streaming as an option, but that seems to introduce a new error message. I have someone on their support team (he seems techy) email me back and forth, so I'll post an update here if anything proves fruitful.

MSkulker

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The Audible app was working pretty well for me on my 950, until this latest update (with streaming support). It now rarely plays any titles, downloaded or streamed. Funny thing is too that I get a 'Can't get streaming license for title' (or similar) on downloaded titles. Sent in a bug report. Total bummer.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
The Audible app was working pretty well for me on my 950, until this latest update (with streaming support). It now rarely plays any titles, downloaded or streamed. Funny thing is too that I get a 'Can't get streaming license for title' (or similar) on downloaded titles. Sent in a bug report. Total bummer.

Send in a bug report to them using the help in the app. I have been working with someone from Audible to help solve the problem. He had me install a beta version that was emailed to me and it had the same problem. The more of us that send in the bug reports the faster they can solve the issue.

albertico

May 15, 2012
Visit site
For reference, this is what pops up at my end with the new streaming update (again, downloading titles did not work prior to this update and continue to not work either).

1) Title tries to load by correctly syncing to the spot I'm at
wp_ss_20160126_0002.jpg

2) Title fails with "Unable to get streaming license for this title."
wp_ss_20160127_0001.jpg

I'm working with Audible support too, and he just asked me to turn on Developer mode to sideload that beta app and report any findings. I've yet to do that (a little reluctant, not sure why), but seeing @Noahma didn't have any success with it, I'm thinking I'll end up in the same boat.

ford7393

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I also reported this issue to Audible as I have had the same issue since the update (Unable to get streaming license for this title). The issue as I perceived it was that when I was in a area with little or no cell coverage, I would get the streaming license message or the playback would pause even though I download all my titles. I received an email response this morning and confirmed with them on the phone that they have identified the bug and will be releasing an fix within 24 hours.

ford7393

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
New update has been posted to Windows store (v10.2.8) that is supposed to fix the playback issue. Downloading it now. Will know for sure if it fixes it on the drive home.

albertico

May 15, 2012
Visit site
New update has been posted to Windows store (v10.2.8) that is supposed to fix the playback issue. Downloading it now. Will know for sure if it fixes it on the drive home.

Thanks for letting me know! I can confirm that on 950XL, the newest app update from today (1-28-16) fixed the license error message and I am finally able to play and listen to my book titles. So incredibly happy :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs