Why can't I buy any apps in the Windows 10 store?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Can't buy any apps on windows 10 store

I am at my wits end.

I bought a Surface Book for 3D design and drawing purposes, so i need a floating screen hotkey app so i have use of ctrl, alt, shift keys while using my surface book in tablet mode.

so the one i want i am trying to buy on the app store. But i cant. Whenever i try to purchase the app, i get an error that states: "Contact us at Microsoft Support: We're having trouble processing your payment and we'd like to get it sorted it out"

So obviously, i contact microsoft support. Who promptly tell me its my credit card thats not working. The same credit card i used to buy this surface book directly from microsoft less than a week ago. On the off chance that it was my card, i tried my debit card, my mum';s credit card, and paypal to pay for the app, but i get the same problem. So its not an issue with the payment method.

So i contact Microsoft Support again, who try to tell me again its my credit card. After arguing with them for 10 minutes, they basically tell me to contact another department via phone. After being on hold and bouncing around for a while, i give up and decide to spend some time on google.

I came across a number of seemingly related issues, but none of the fixes i found for similar problems have worked (turning on the windows update service, clearing the store cache which didnt seem to do anything at all, confirming region settings in windows)

So now im asking for help. Incredibly frustrated. It has to be either a problem with my account, the windows store application itself, or my Surface Book. I tried to log on to the app store via a browser on my desktop machine, but it wont let me buy anything without buying from a windows 10 device.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss