Hi,

I wrote an app in my free time which helps you tidy up your OneDrive camera roll by deleting the pictures that you have already removed from your phone - let that photo cleanup session on your phone also apply to OneDrive!

The app allows you to get rid of all those temporary or missed shots that clutter your OneDrive camera roll and free up some precious cloud storage space. For those who like to cleanup their OneDrive first, the app also allows you to remove pictures from your phone if they are not present on your OneDrive camera roll.

Although this app was initially targeting Windows Phone 8.x users, I found out that the Photos app from Windows 10 Mobile is hit and miss in regards to syncing photo deletes - try out the app and you may be surprised!

You can find it here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=kHcNHAZy

Hope this proves useful to many after the holiday's usual photo frenzy,
    -Luc

ccrc.jpg
    01-05-2016 03:24 AM
    I've backed up my old lumia photo to cloud and haven't transferred to my new phone. Will the App delete older ones too?
    01-05-2016 04:52 AM
    You can choose the date from which it will start processing the file. And the app does not immediately delete the files: it merely moves them to a "Cleanup" folder which you can then delete at a later time.
    01-06-2016 04:57 PM
    Hi, I'd need to use this app on 8.1, but it keeps crashing once I select a date which produces ~500 files to delete from OneDrive. It takes some 5 minutes to load them, then it displays the thumbnails, and then it crashes.

Doing it part-by-part is not possible, since about 400 of the photos were taken on a single day.

I also tried using the low-res thumbnails, but the results are the same.

Is there a hope for it to work?
    10-13-2017 05:21 PM
    Good idea for an app. Would be helpful on Android and iOS too. The upload to OneDrive works great there, but it is very hard to manage which photos stay after you delete them from your phone. Thanks for working on this!
    10-16-2017 03:28 PM