01-07-2016 12:10 AM
    This is really cool, but I see the snapchat banhammer coming down shortly after release
    01-07-2016 12:20 AM
    More than likely it will be. Lets hope at least we get to try it before it gets banned
    killakiloz likes this.
    01-07-2016 12:36 AM
    Just read that Snapchat is returning to WM10 as a 3rd party open source universal app. The developer doesn't mind getting some assistance.
    Here is the link:

Open source Snapchat app for Windows Phone being worked on - WMPoweruser

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    01-07-2016 06:09 AM
    What is snapchat and why do many clamour for it?
    01-07-2016 06:12 AM
    I wont ever use it to be honest. Its a quick video social media thing

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    01-07-2016 06:33 AM
    NOTE: Two threads on the same topic have been merged, so it may seem a bit odd. ROBBIE HALL is the OP of the other one.

Threads merged and moved to WP Apps.

It's a nice pipe dream, and I see there's at least something to touch, but I won't raise any hopes until we see accounts not being banned.

What is snapchat and why do many clamour for it?
    I'll try to quote myself here...

I'll try to bang out my take on it.

Snapchat is somewhat unique. I won't touch on its "nudez" reputation, since that's famous enough.

Sure, WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger are better messengers, but since Snapchat is fast, cleans itself up, its "cheap" and the bar for messages sent using it is then set really low.
    The others don't really let you share "stories" to friends. But why not post to social media you say? As I said, the "bar" for snaps and stories is so much lower, so its great for more mundane things, happenings, etc like food, a random piece of street art, your dog going on an energetic romp... Things you wouldn't post permanently, but are still nice to share. The comparison is somewhat apples to oranges. Snapchat is more spontaneous and whatnot.
    You can easily take a photo, draw on it or caption it, send and move on with life in one fluid motion. Few others do it. CyberDust perhaps, but it doesn't have the mind nor marketshare.

I know I'm missing many parts of the puzzle, but I tried.
    libra89, jmshub and RumoredNow like this.
    01-07-2016 05:58 PM
    I wish them best of luck for those clamoring for Snapchat on their Windows devices, but I see no reason why Snapchat won't crush this like the evil overlords they are (How you can't get Snapchat on Windows Phone: The whole sorry saga | Windows Central ).
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-08-2016 04:18 PM
    It's very sad and common these days to see these kinds of behavior on some of these CEOs. For me WP offers the best experience but I hope that Windows 10 changes a lot of mindsets of some of these people. They can only ignore us for so long ☺
    01-09-2016 07:51 AM